44

The game ended. They won. We're all down at the ice to go retrieve our boyfriends and husbands. Tyler thinks he's gonna be getting some tonight but he's sadly mistaken, he's gonna be getting broken up with instead.

Sydney and I exchanged phone numbers during the game. She's a lot more tolerable now that she isn't gonna be dating my ex-boyfriend anymore.

I found Jake and gave him a big hug and kiss.

"You did great out there!" I told him. He smiled and gave me another kiss. I let him go and saw that Syd found Tyler. I watched him try to kiss her and she pushed him away, she started talking to him and he threw his hands up and walked off. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" Jake asked as we walked out of the building.

"Tyler just got broken up with" I laughed.

"I thought him and Sydney were doing good?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Well, if they were doing good, that stopped when I told Sydney that Tyler is a cheater" I replied.

"You just love to witness chaos" he told me.

"It keeps things interesting" I shrugged.

"You're silly" he said. I grabbed his hand as we walked to his car.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked.

"Surprise me" he said.

"I don't know how to cook many things, so grilled cheese and soup it is" I replied. He chuckled.

"Anything sounds good at this point, I'm starving" he told me. We got to his car and got in. He looked me in the eyes and leaned in to kiss me, we kissed each other several times and dove into a full makeout session.

I pulled away.

"We need to get back to your place" I chuckled.

He started his car and pulled out of the parking lot. My phone vibrated and looked down to see that it was a text from Tyler.

Tyler

Who do you think you
are sabotaging my
relationships?

Chloe

Wym?

Tyler

You know exactly
what I mean.

Chloe

No, I seriously don't
lol

Tyler

You told Sydney that
I cheated on you and
she didn't feel
comfortable being
with me anymore
because she was
afraid I would cheat
on her too.

Chloe

I don't know what the
issue is. I think I did
you a favor, you said
you weren't really into
her and she found out
we used to date and she
asked why we broke up,
what was I supposed to do?
Lie to her?

Tyler

Still doesn't give you
the right to destroy
my relationships

Chloe

Whatever lol. Don't act
like you weren't just in
my DMs saying how
much you missed me
while you were w Sydney

Tyler

How would you like
it if I told your boy toy
that you're just using
him to pass the time?
You have no interest
in actually being his
girlfriend, you're
just using him to pass
time and to get back at
me for cheating on you

Chloe

I'm not using him to
pass time? And no,
we haven't labeled our
relationship because
that is what we're most
comfortable with. Not
gonna complicate things
with labels

Tyler

Lol. Whatever helps
you sleep at night
sweetheart.

I rolled my eyes and turned my screen off.

"What's up? You were texting for a while" Jake asked as he merged onto the highway.

"Tyler is blaming me for his love life falling apart as if he wasn't the one who did it to himself" I replied, rolling my eyes once more.

"I don't understand why you haven't blocked him yet, all he does is stress you out" he told me.

"I'd like a friendship with him, aside from the scummy shit he did at the end of our relationship, he's an amazing person" I explained.

"I don't feel comfortable with you talking to him. I don't think he's fully over you and that's why he's acting like this" he replied. He's not wrong but I'm more than capable of pushing Tyler away if he tries to make any advances towards me.

"You have nothing to worry about, Jake. He's not gonna steal me away from you" I assured him, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend? I know you basically are but do you wanna make this official, like Facebook official?" He asked. I chuckled at him.

"Sure, butthead" I smiled.

"Sweet. Now we can actually tag each other in lovey-dovey type stuff on social media" he smiled. He's such a dork.

"You're a dork" I told him. He rolled his eyes. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek as he got onto the off ramp to go back onto the city streets.

"I'm your dork, darling" he replied.

I may have initially been using Jake to get back at Tyler but I have real feelings for him now. Tyler is almost a thing of the past.