29

"-Everything will be okay, Chloe. All friends fight" Tyler told me, rubbing my back.

"Raelynn and I have never fought before. I thought I was doing her a favor!" I replied.

"She'll come around, just give her time. Just try to put yourself in her shoes" he suggested.

"I just don't understand why she would be upset, I thought I was helping her by not burdening her with my fucked up family life" I sighed.

"Wouldn't you be hurt if she felt like she couldn't talk to you about her problems?" He asked.

"Yeah, but-" I said before he cut me off.

"Open up to her, if she's your best friend, you'll vent to her about what's frustrating you instead of bottling it up or waiting for me to be around. What did you do before I came around? If you didn't talk to her about your problems?" He asked.

"I just didn't talk about them. I didn't want to burden anybody with my problems, the only reason I talk to you about them is because you've witnessed my problems at home first hand" I replied.

"It's not healthy to keep it bottled up, talk to her, that's all she wants" he told me.

"I just don't want to stress her out more than she already is" I sighed.

"If it stresses her out, I'm sure she'll let you know. Just give her some space for a little bit and then talk to her. Everything will be okay. My friends and I have arguments every now and then and we're still friends. It's just a bump in the road" he assured me.

"God, I hope it's just a bump in the road" I said, quietly.

"It is." He replied. I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head and put his arm around me.

"I love you." I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"I love you" I repeated.

"You mean it?" He smiled.

"Yes." I replied, smiling back at him.

"I've waited so long for you to say that" he told me before kissing me on the lips.

"Raelynn, said that I'm hurting myself by trying to wait a little while longer to say it because it's just gonna end up pushing you away..." I told him.

"I don't want you to say it because you feel like you have to, don't do anything you're not comfortable with." He replied.

"I'm not saying it because I feel like I have to. I'm saying it because I want to. I've loved you for a while but I've been trying to convince myself that it's too soon to know and that I'm gonna get hurt if I say it too soon, but, fuck it. I love you and I'm not afraid to say it, you've been saying to me and nothing bad has happened." I explained.

"I love you so much, baby" he said, quietly.

"I love you too" I told him before pecking him on the lips.

It might be too soon to say those three words but I don't care. He deserves for me to say those words back to him. He deserves to world and I need to give it to him and I haven't, that's gonna change. I don't care if I get hurt, I'm not holding back my feelings for him anymore. He deserves to know how exactly I feel for him. He's been vocal about how he feels about me, so it's only fair I do the same.

I love Tyler Paul Seguin and I'm not gonna lie to myself about it.