55

A year later

-

It's been a year since I cut ties with Tyler. I've been focusing on myself, I realized I was too dependent on attention from men.

I deleted everything that reminded me of Tyler. Fan pages, posts about Tyler, fanfictions, everything except for a couple pictures. I kept two or three pictures just in case I found myself missing him, and I could look at him for a few moments and go back to normal.

I don't know how he's doing, I still have him blocked on everything, I stopped rooting for the Dallas Stars and started rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks. I skip any games where they're playing against the Stars just because I don't want to see Tyler.

I moved out of my dad's house and moved into the dorms. My roommate is my best friend, her name is Leah, she's the sweetest girl I know.

I'm almost done with my third year of school. I started doing much better in school when I stopped talking to Tyler and he stopped occupying all of my time and thoughts.

It hurt to cut him off but it was for the best. I needed to do it. Our friendship was a recipe for disaster, he was still in love with me and I still had feelings for him but I wasn't willing to accept it. We were toxic.

I didn't wanna hurt him but I feel like I was doing him a favor. I felt like he was better off and Jamie was right; he is better off.

He wasn't ready to settle down, despite him trying to convince me that he was, his behaviors suggested otherwise.

"--Chloe! Are you even listening?!" Leah asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What's up?" I replied.

"You're still up to go clubbing tonight, right?" She asked.

"Duh. This will be my first time clubbing without a fake ID" I laughed.

"We need to be getting ready soon if we wanna get there before we're stuck in a half mile long line! And yes, I'm doing your makeup!" She told me.

"Do I have to wear makeup?" I asked. I'm not huge on makeup, I think it looks cool but it makes my face feel weird and I don't like it.

"Yes, if you want hot guys to buy you drinks" she replied.

"Okay, you got me there, I'm always down for free drinks" I chuckled.

-

We got ready and now we're in line to get into the club. It's weird not having to worry about whether or not my ID will get confiscated.

"You wanna have a little wager?" She asked. Oh no.

"What is it?" I asked, weary of what she was about to suggest.

"Let's see who can leave the club with a guy the fastest" she suggested.

"No" I stated.

"Why not? You scared I'll beat you?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No... I've only slept with one guy and have only had sex one time" I admitted.

"How? You're hot as hell! I'd fuck you!" She replied. I chuckled at her response.

"I wasn't really interested in sex until I met that guy, and when we stopped talking, I decided I needed to focus on myself, not men" I replied as we got carded. We got let in and immediately made our way to the bar.

"Yeah, but focusing on yourself also involves self care, how can you take care of yourself if you don't get your fuck on every now and then" she told me. I shook my head.

"I'm not the type to sleep around, I get attached easily" I told her as she ordered us four shots of tequila, two shots for the each of us.

"Well, use tonight as an opportunity to get laid, you won't know the guy, so you won't get attached." She suggested before we both down our shots. I hate tequila so much.

We made our way to the dance floor and started dancing.

-

We've been here for a couple hours, Leah wandered off after she got a good buzz going so she would have the confidence to dance slutty to attract a possible mate. I'm assuming it worked because she disappeared.

I'm pretty drunk myself, I was buzzed way before she was and I've been dancing with this guy since Leah took off and we've been buying each other drinks and grinding on each other. I'm thinking I might leave with him. I don't know though.

"You wanna go back to my place?" The guy asked. I nodded. He pulled out his phone and ordered an Uber.

He grabbed my hand and led me out of the club, we started to make out as we waited for the Uber to show up.

-

We got back to his place and immediately stripped naked, not even turning on a light to see where we were going. He carried me to his room and threw me onto his bed.

"You sure you wanna do this?" He asked. I nodded as he positioned himself between my legs. Our lips reconnected and he thrusted himself into me.

I winced for the first few pumps, it hurt but it felt so good.

Am I going to regret this in the morning? Probably, but Leah was right, I need to get off every now and then.