46

It's Christmas eve now. I'm wearing the ugliest Christmas sweater I have and a Santa hat. I love Christmas time. I love the decorations, the lights, the music, everything. My bank account doesn't like it, but it is what it is.

Tyler is gonna be picking me up in a little bit so I can meet his family. I'm trying to get ahold of Jake. We haven't really talked since he's been at his parent's house.

Speaking of the devil, he finally answered. His face popped up onto my screen.

"Hey, beautiful! I miss you" he smiled.

"I miss you too! Are you having a good time with your family?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it would be even better if you were here too" he sighed.

"I'm sorry, babe. Maybe, next year. I didn't wanna leave my dad and sister alone for Christmas" I replied.

"I know... I just wish you would've came up with me so I could introduce you to my family. They would love you" he told me. I know he's upset about me not wanting to go with him, I just don't feel like we're serious enough for me to meet his parents, he only met my parents because they're annoying.

"I'm sorry. What are you doing today?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Just spending time with my family and watching Christmas movies, you?" He asked.

"I'm gonna be hanging out with Tyler for a little bit and then my sister and I are gonna go harass a mall Santa" I replied. He rolled his eyes when I mentioned Tyler.

"I really don't like it when you hang out with him" he stated. I rolled my eyes. It always comes back to this.

"He's my friend, Jakob." I replied, using his full first name because he was irritating me.

"He's your ex, Chloe. I don't trust it." He told me.

"You don't trust me?" I asked.

"I didn't say that I don't trust you" he replied.

"No, that's exactly what it sounds like you said" I told him.

"No! I said I don't trust a friendship with an ex, one person always still has feelings for the other! I'm not saying I don't trust you, I don't trust him!" He stated, raising his voice slightly.

"Chill the hell out! I can handle myself, just say you don't trust me and move the fuck on!" I snapped.

"I trust you! I don't trust him because he fucking talked you into breaking up with me a while back!" He shouted. I rolled my eyes.

"That was because I still had feelings for him at the time!" I shouted back.

"Whatever. Merry Christmas, if you hang out with him, today, don't expect to have a relationship with me when I get back" he said before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. I went onto my snapchat and turned off my location, so he couldn't see that I was at Tyler's. I'm not sacrificing my friendship but I'm not gonna sacrifice my relationship either.

Jake needs to grow up. I can handle myself, if Tyler makes a move, I can push him away and go home. I'm a lot stronger and a lot smarter than he gives me credit for.

I just got a text from Jake. I rolled my eyes as I opened it.

Jake

Turn your snap location
back on, I knew you were
gonna turn it off bc you
wanted to get away with
going to his place.
-

I rolled my eyes and turned my snap location back on. I'm just gonna leave my phone at home. Again, I'm not sacrificing my friendship for my relationship and vice versa.

I just got a text from Ty saying that he was here. I plugged my phone in and let my dad know that I was going to hang out with Tyler.

I walked out to his car and got in.

"You look like Santa Claus puked on you" he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"You're not right" I replied.

"Neither are you, when they said to deck the halls, they didn't mean to deck yourself too" he said, continuing to laugh.

"Are you done?" I asked as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Yes..." he said, still giggling like a little school girl.

"I love Christmas, okay?" I admitted.

"It's okay, butthead, I'm just teasing" he smiled.

"Are you ready to meet my family?" He asked.

"I guess. I'm nervous, don't you think it'd be awkward? Seeing as I'm your ex-girlfriend" I asked.

"It's only awkward if you make it awkward. My family knows we're still close friends, I doubt it'll be awkward. Just be yourself and everything will be fine" he assured me.

"God, I hope so" I sighed.

"It will be, just breathe" he replied.

-

We got to his house, it's almost like I was just here yesterday.

We got out of his car and walked into his house, his family was in his living room, each doing their own thing.

"Family, this is Chloe, she is my ex-girlfriend, which is my fault but she's also one of my closest friends. Chloe, that's my mom, Jackie, my dad, Paul, my younger sister, Candace and my youngest sister, Cassidy" Tyler introduced. I nervously waved.

His mom got up and gave me a hug.

"Tyler has told us so much about you, he talks about you to us, all the time" Jackie told me.

"I hope they were good things" I chuckled nervously.

"There's no need to be nervous! We don't bite!" She assured me. I smiled.

"I'm surprised you still put up with this butthead, even though, you two broke up" his sister, Candace spoke.

"I'm surprised at times, too. He can be annoying" I chuckled.

"I'm not annoying!" Tyler said, defending himself.

"Yes, you are" his family said, in unison. We all laughed. I sat down on the couch in between Tyler and his sister, Cassidy.

His family seems so nice, I wish my family was like this.