Chapter 42- A long time coming

Riley

I hadn't been back here in months. Standing outside the club with the little neon sign flashing with an arrow pointing down had me thinking back to the first time I came here. It seemed like forever ago when I was around this very corner puking my guts out after having just met the most beautiful stranger. Anna thought it would be 'romantic' coming back here with Joel and Richard but I didnt think anything about a club screamed romance.

"What're you thinking about?" Richard's hand rested on the exposed skin of the small of my back, courtesy of the fire engine red low cut shimmery dress I had changed into, as he leaned closer and whispered into my ear while we made our way down the stairs.

"Something," I smirked up at him, linking my arms with his as we reached the landing.

The club was loud as ever, flashing lights blinding to the eye at first. Joel and Anna were up front, paving their way through the crowd with the rest of us following suit. At the far end of the club, a section I hadn't noticed before lay waiting for us. A U shaped booth with a round metal table in the center welcomed us as we stepped into the area that was on a slightly higher podium than the floor of the club.

"What are you ladies having?" Erick asked, volunteering to go to get our drinks from the bar.

"Shots!" Anna exclaimed excitedly and when there was no arguement from myself and Layla, Erick left dragging Zabdiel along with him. "Just keep em coming!" Anna yelled after them.

"Have you ever been here before?" I turned to Layla and asked.

"Nope but I take it yall have," she concluded over the loud pop music blasting from the speakers.

"Thats an understatement," Richard commented, causing a smile to spread across my face subtly as I leaned further into him.

Under the purple lights of the club I watched her brows contort in confusion so I took the liberty to elaborate. "Its where we met Richard and Joel." She nodded in understanding.

"So this place has memories then?"

"Very much," Joel responded and wrapped his arms around Anna's waist from behind her.

Erick returned with two trays balancing in both his hands with Zabdiel following closely behind in a similar fashion. He held it above his head as he maneuvered through the crowd towards us.

"I'm not going back out there for the next round," he huffed when he sat down. "Its a war zone."

"He's not lying." Zab said, backing Erick up.

"We got the next round," Richard took one for the team as he nodded at Joel.

Thankfully, Erick and Zabdiel were smart enough to bring us enough shots to last atleast 5 rounds so Richard and Joel didnt have to go back out there into the sea of people just yet. As I threw my head back, gulping down the burning liquid on the 5th round, I felt as if my brain had shook out of place as I went dizzy for a second. I was just thankful that I was seated. My head felt light and the room started to spin slowly but a few deep breaths later everything went to normal- well, as normal as it could be for a semi tipsy person. The loudness of the music seemed to reverberate through my body as I felt the tickle of every beat and bass drop on my skin. The music changed and an oddly familiar beat started up. I found my head bopping along to the beat until it finally registered. When I looked at Richard I noticed him and Erick giving each other a knowing look.

"Is- is this your song?" I turned to face him behind me, recognizing the beat as the one he produced that day in the studio.

He raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement and Erick yelled from across us, "This is sick bro!"