Chapter 45- Yes

Riley

The streets of miami beach were flooded with cars hooting and bustling through one of the busiest parts of the city. I got out of the car, the bright street lights blinding me momentarily. The restaurant was busier than normal tonight, which was expected given that it was technically the end of the month and what better way to spend your money than on mouthwatering food.

As usual Christina, our ever ready host, stood at the entrance smiling at and directing guests to their reserved seats. When she saw me a smile played on her lips, causing me to remember how long it's actually been since I was here. Anna had been handling things pretty well on her own and let's face it, I had plenty on my plate.

"Miss Rivera. It's so nice to see you." She squealed.

"You too, Christina. And I'm going to say this for the last time, its Riley."

She nodded but I knew she was never going to listen. "Your table is ready." She waved me inside.

Walking through the restaurant filled my heart with an insane amount of joy and warmth at the sight of booked out tables and smiling customers. This place was my parents dream and seeing it thrive even in their absence left a flutter in my heart. My usual table on the deck, facing the calm waters of Miami in the evening, was waiting but not without occupants. To my surprise Anna, Zabdiel, Joel, Erick and Layal sat around the table, heads in menus and sipping on beers and bellinis. When Anna's eyes met mine they sparkled, her smiling causing the corners of her eyes to crinkle as she waved me over.

"What did you do?" I whispered to Richard, who stood behind me.

"Just keep walking," he whispered back, his hand on the small of my back as he steered me to the group. There was a hint of a smile in his voice.

Anna shot up from her seat, rubbing her hands together in excitement and anticipation. "Hi!" She sing-songed.

"Hey." I replied cautiously. Her enthusiasm was worrying.

"Soooo?" Layla spoke next, her smile equally as wide as Anna's. My brows furrowed in confusion before realizing that she wasn't talking to me.

I felt Richard take my hand, intertwining our fingers before bringing it up and planting a kiss on the back of my hand.

"Richard!" Anna warned, more eager than I've ever seen her before.

"She said yes!" He told them, finally cluing me in on as to what they were all waiting for.

The table erupted in yells and howls of joy and congratulations, making me thankful that we were on the deck, away from people who might judge us for the noise. Everyone took turns smothering me in a bear hug before Richard and I took our seats at the table.

"They knew?" I asked even though the answer was obvious.

"Obviously!" Layla replied from across me.

"Please? Do you really think he would've been able to pick out that rock without mine and Layla's help?" Anna said from next to me before grabbing my hand and scrutinizing the rock, as she put it, for herself.

"When did you get the ring?"

Richard leaned back in his chair, draping his arm behind me before answering. "In New York. Also your sister is a pain in my ass. She wouldn't accept pictures and insisted I video call her in the middle of the store." He complained lightheartedly.

"Yeah you're welcome by the way."

The two shared a glance laced with a smile of gratitude that made my heart do a little happy dance. From the time we were young, Anna had always made it known to me that if she didnt approve of the man that I intended to marry then she would boycott my wedding. Hence, I was delighted and in awe of the closeness between her and Richard.