𝘰𝘯𝘦 ; 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

THE VANISHING GLASS:
a miserable life

---------- "Orphans are the only ones who get to choose who
is their family, and they love them twice as much" ----------

THE GIRL WHO ENDURED

                    ON A SIMPLE LITTLE SUBURBAN STREET, in Little Whinging, located in the county of Surrey, near London, UK, was 3, Privet Drive where a little nine-year-old slept peacefully in her upstairs bedroom

                    ON A SIMPLE LITTLE SUBURBAN STREET, in Little Whinging, located in the county of Surrey, near London, UK, was 3, Privet Drive where a little nine-year-old slept peacefully in her upstairs bedroom. But this particular day, was in fact a special day, though no one in the house would treat her like it was special, at least her grandfather wouldn't. Just ten years ago this particular girl was born, and for some odd reason, the girl had the same dream right before she woke the day of her birthday. She couldn't figure out why it was so important that her subconscious would repeat it, every year, on the same day, again and again. Especially when it was full of heartache and trauma, that always scared her.

Her dream always started out with a woman, maybe twenty or twenty-one years old, holding her baby in her arms. The baby smiled and cooed looking up at her beautiful mother, while the woman hummed a lullaby to get her baby to sleep. The woman had long and curled brown hair just like her eyes. But unlike her eyes, her hair was so dark, it was almost jet black. The woman always smiled happily every time the baby did anything precious, while also trying to get her baby to fall asleep without making too much noise. And just how she wanted, the woman's baby slowly drifted into a calming sleep from her mother's quiet lullaby.

Once she had placed her baby in her crib, the woman sensed something. Sensed something only a mother would, she knew something was wrong. She knew this was coming, but she thought she had been careful to be undetectable. She heard footsteps inside the small house she resided in, heading straight for the nursery. But before anyone could come in, the woman had muttered something, and her baby disappeared into thin air. A hooded figure entered the nursery, to see a fearful mother, an empty crib, and now an angered hooded figure. "Where is she?" But the woman stayed silent, trying to not let him know her fear for him. "Where is she?!"

"Gone," the woman muttered. "Safe from you." The scenes kept blurring out, to the woman crying out, screaming out, to her laying on the ground dead.

The little girl gasped awake, her heart racing, her palms sweaty, her breath ridgid. She slowly sat up, trying to gather herself, to calm down so she wouldn't be an anxious mess the whole day. "Happy birthday, Liv," the girl muttered to herself, but before she could jinx that she was calm, there was a little click at her window. She jumped, snapping her direction towards the window to see an owl at the window. She stared at it confused and saw the spring breeze wheezing through the owl's feathers. "What the-''

But Liv was redirected to her bedroom door when an excited Valerie ran into her room. "Liv!" her enthusiastic cousin yelled out, but not too loud for their grandfather to hear, "Happy birthday!" Liv giggled to herself as the dark-blonde leaped into her bed, with a present in hand, "Come on, come on. I want you to open it before Grandpa wakes up," Liv smiled at her before she opened the small box, to find a golden necklace. But the loop was a bit smaller than the already golden necklace around her neck.