𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰; 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:
THE MARAUDER'S MAP

---- "the power of choosing good and evil is within the reach of all

---- "the power of choosing good and evil is within the reach of all." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— AS THE WINTER CHILL wrapped around Hogsmeade, Hermione and Ron bid farewell from Liv and Valerie to visit the mysteries of the Shrieking Shack while the Riddle-Gaunt girls continued their christmas shopping. While snowflakes danced in her brown hair, Liv clutched a list of names, each awaiting a thoughtful present.

They first ventured to Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, where the array of quills ranged from practical to extravagantly feathered. Liv mused over a classic eagle-feather quills, its aura pulsating with untold stories. "Hermione would appreciate something this classic, don't you think?" Liv pondered, picking up the elegant quill.

Next they went to Obscurus Books, a dusty old shop tucked away in the village. The bell above the door tinkled as they entered, and the air smelled of ancient parchment and forgotten spells. As Valerie shopped for Harry's gift, Liv's gaze fell upon a book she knew would captivate Hermione Granger's heart and mind: a rare edition of Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms, a book that delved into the ancient scripts used by magical communities across the world.

The tome was bound in rich mahogany leather with gold-leaf detailing, and it contained a comprehensive guide to deciphering and understanding these complex symbols. It was the perfect gift for Hermione, whose love for runes and languages was matched only by her passion for history and archeology.

In that same shop, Liv selected for Mattheo an ancient leather-bound book, its pages whispered forgotten spells and secrets. The title, obscured by time, hinted at forbidden knowledge. For Ron, she chose The Compendium of Magical Creatures, which was filled with intricate sketches of dragons, hippogriffs, and phoenixes. Each creature was accompanied by the detailed descriptions, magical properties, and even tips on care and handling. Ron's fascination with magical creatures would surely be ignited by this gift.

Valerie found for Hermione The Most Enchanting Herbs and Their Uses, a guide to the magical flora of their world.

Once Liv wrapped Hermione's book and quill, and Valerie had wrapped the gift for Harry, they set off for the next shop.

At Aurora's Curiosities, Valerie discovered an enchanted snow globe for Ronnie, a window to one's deepest yearnings.

At Quality Quidditch Supplies, Liv acquired a broomstick set for Harry with protective charms, a polishing kit to keep the wood gleaming, and a miniature golden Snitch as a good luck charm. She knew he lost his broom but he had Ronnie's for now.

When Valerie wasn't looking at Dervish and Banges, Liv secured a silver snowflake; the shop owner told her it contained the Snowflake Charm, which binds the wearer's heart to another, offering protection and warmth. Liv thought it was perfect... and hoped... Harry would as well.