𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦; 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘺

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: WHISPERS
Dueling Club

---------- "if you talk about someone behind their back, chances are they're going to find out." ----------

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    AFTER SHE WAS ABLE to leave the hospital later in the morning, Liv went searching for her friends

AFTER SHE WAS ABLE to leave the hospital later in the morning, Liv went searching for her friends. And to no surprise, she found three of them in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom already starting the Polyjuice Potion.

"Liv!" Hermione said surprised. She was leaning out of the end stall, a shocked look on her face as Ron and Ronnie glanced back at her as well, "You scared us — come over here — how are you?"

"Better," said Live, hiking to the stall, "My wrist still hurts. But Madam Pomfrey said it should heal completely in the next week."

"Oh, good," Hermione smiled.

Liv squeezed into the stall. An old cauldron was perched on the toilet, and a crackling from under the rim told Liv they had lit a fire beneath it. It wasn't unlike Hermione to conjure up a portable, waterproof fire.

Harry came into the bathroom half an hour later, telling Hermione, Ronnie, and Ron about Colin, but Hermione interrupted. "We know — we heard Professor McGonagall tell Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going—"

"The sooner we know if it's Malfoy the better," said Ron, watching Hermione tear bundles of knotgrass and throw them in the potion, "D'you know what I think? I think Malfoy was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch Match, he took it out on Colin."

"I usually would back you up on that, Ronald, but...Draco was in a foul mood because of his injury on the pitch," Ronnie said, "He was too busy being over dramatic to do anything to Colin. Or to anyone for that matter."

"There's something else," Harry said, "Dobby came to visit Liv and me in the middle of the night."

Ron and Hermione looked up, amazed, but Ronnie was thoroughly confused. Harry told the three everything Dobby had said — or hadn't said. The three listened with their mouths open.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Ronnie asked.

"This settles it," Ron said triumphantly, "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."

"Maybe it can make itself invisible," Ronnie suggested.

"Or maybe it can disguise itself," said Hermione, who was prodding leeched to the bottom of the cauldron, "...like pretend to be a suit of armor or something — I've read about Chameleon Ghouls—"