𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦; 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
VINEYARD PLAZA

---- "you have a place in my heart no one else ever could

---- "you have a place in my heart no one else ever could." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— THE NEXT DAY, on June 18, 1993 — Valerie's first lesson with Hermione began. It was exciting when Hermione was dropped off by her parents and was escorted through the Manor into the living room where Liv was waiting for her. She was having morning tea with Mattheo when Hermione nervously walked in, her hands full of books and quills.

"Mione," Liv grinned, standing from her spot to greet her friend.

"Livvie," Hermione beamed before the two girls shared a tight hug. And when they parted, Hermione glanced around the Manor with a nervous look on her. "Your home is very... beautiful. Not at all what I expected... from how you've talked about your grandfather..."

"Well... actually... we just moved into here," Liv told her. "Things have quickly changed in a matter of short weeks... like how Mattheo now lives with us..."

"Yes," Hermione glanced back at Mattheo a moment before back on Liv. "I see that. Quite... overwhelming... I would think."

"Yes," Liv chuckled before she glanced down at the nervous Valerie, sitting on the couch between the two girls. "Hermione, this is Valerie, my adoptive cousin..."

Hermione glanced down at Valerie, sending her a warm smile while Liv continued, "We've just found out she's a witch. A muggleborn witch. Like you."

"Oh," Hermione happily grinned. "That is absolutely wonderful. That must be why the Ministry sent me."

"Exactly," said Liv as Hermione began to set all her things down, organizing them together to start Valerie's lessons. "Valerie, this is my best friend, Hermione Granger."

"Hullo," Valerie smiled as she and Hermione shook hands. "I remember you... from last year... when Liv and Grandpa Jack took me to Diagon Alley..."

"Yes, of course!" said Hermione before she plopped down next to Valerie on the couch. "That felt like so long ago..."

Liv smiled at the two before she said, "I'm going to get some breakfast for you."

The girls nodded before Hermione said, "Let's start with History of Magic first..."

As Liv strolled out of the living room, she grabbed Mattheo's hand and yanked him out. He lightly whined under his breath as Liv dragged them towards the kitchens.

"What was that for?" he muttered.

"We need to leave them alone," she told him. "You've never studied with Hermione, you don't know the type of fear you feel when she's been interrupted by anything. The death glare I call it."