𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯; 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: INTO THE CHAMBER
& Tom Marvolo Riddle

---- "some relationships are timeless." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    A VAST CHAMBER stretched ahead of Liv and Harry

A VAST CHAMBER stretched ahead of Liv and Harry. Towering stone pillars entwined with more carved serpents rose to support a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place.

Without saying anything, Liv and Harry pulled out their wands and moved forward between the serpentine columns. Every careful footstep echoed loudly off the shadowy walls. They kept their eyes narrowed, ready to clamp them shut at the smallest sign of movement. The hollow eye sockets of the stone snakes seemed to be following them. More than once, with a jolt to her stomach, Liv swore she saw one stir.

As they drew level with the last pair of pillars, a statue high as the Chamber itself loomed into view, standing against the back wall. Liv's eyes glossed over as she stared at the statue: It was ancient and monkeyish, with a long, thin beard that fell almost to the bottom of the wizard's sweeping stone robes, where two enormous grey feet stood on the smooth Chamber floor. Liv could only assume this was a statue of Salazar Slytherin.

Between the feet, laid a small, black-hooded figure with flaming red hair. Liv and Harry both stopping in their places, staring at the girl panicked before they dashed forward.

"Ginny!" Liv yelled.

Once they dashed up to the girl, Harry flung his wand to the side as he took her into his arms. Her head lolled to one side, cheeks white as marble, and was cold. Yet, her eyes were closed. So she wasn't Petrified.

When Liv leaned down next to the two, she saw Ginny's pale hand clutched onto Tom Riddle's diary to her chest. Liv stuffed her wand into her robes before she cupped Ginny's face, her blue eyes fixated on the first year. "Please don't be dead," Liv muttered as Ginny's red hair fell over her arm, "Wake up! Ginny!"

She shuddered a sigh before tearing open Ginny's Gryffindor tie and placed her index and middle fingers to her carotid steadily as possible, carefully feeling around. And she let out a shaking sigh of relief when she felt a pulse. A very faint pulse. But a pulse.

"She has a pulse, she—"

"—won't wake."

Liv and Harry both spun around finding a tall, black-haired boy was standing nearby, watching. He was strangely blurred around the edges as though Liv were looking at him through a misted window. It took her a moment, but Liv quickly recognized him, as well as Harry.

"Tom...Tom Riddle?" Harry asked.

Riddle nodded, not taking his eyes off of Liv and Harry's face. Particularly Liv. Who had stood from her spot, staring Tom Riddle down.