𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦; 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:
DEMENTORS' KISS

---- "i did not want this to be a lesson

---- "i did not want this to be a lesson. i wanted this to be love." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— THE NEXT DAY, the Slytherin common room was quiet, the usual chatter and laughter absent, as Liv pushed open the door. While everyone else was at lunch, Liv decided to skip, not wanting to deal with Draco's cold attitude. With the common room empty, it was a perfect time to do homework.

The greenish light from the enchanted windows cast eerie shadows across the room, but it was the silence that unnerved her the most. She made her way to the dormitory, her footsteps muffled by the thick carpet.

As she entered, she found Ronnie on her bed, her face buried in her hands, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs. Liv's heart clenched at the sight. She paused, her initial instinct to retreat battling with the urge to comfort her friend.

"Ronnie?" Liv's voice was soft, tentative.

Ronnie's head snapped up, her eyes red-rimmed and swollen. She attempted a weak smile, but it faltered, revealing her anguish. She tried to turn away, to hide her tears, but Liv wouldn't have it. She crossed the room in two strides and sat beside her on the bed.

"Liv, I'm fine, really," Ronnie's voice broke, betraying her words.

"No, you're not," Liv firmly said. "And you don't have to be. Talk to me."

It took a moment, but the dam finally broke. "It's just... everything," Ronnie whispered. "I'm sorry I've been pushing you away... it's just because... because... I've found out Sirius Black is my father..."

Liv's expression didn't change; Guilt shimmered in her eyes and finally decided to tell the truth. "I know," she admitted gently.

Ronnie looked up, shock written across her face. "What?" she asked. "You do?"

Liv nodded. "I've known for a while. But Ronnie, that doesn't change how I feel about you. You're my friend, and even before this, you were still my friend. Nothing will ever change that."

The words seemed to release something within Ronnie. She leaned into Liv, her sobs renewed, but this time there was a different quality to them — a release rather than a suppression of her feelings.

"He's caused so much pain, Liv... to you... to Harry—"

"We don't blame you, Ronnie," Liv assured her.

"Well... I haven't talked to my mother or grandmother after getting into huge arguments with both of them... and now..." her voice quivered, "Now I got into an argument with Fred... and everything feels like it's falling apart..."