𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦; 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: THE BLACK DIARY
& Tom M. Riddle

---- "it's okay to be scared. being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    HERMIONE REMAINED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR SEVERAL WEEKS

                    HERMIONE REMAINED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. There was a flurry of rumors about her disappearance when the rest of the school arrived back from Christmas holidays on January 3rd, because everyone assumed she had been petrified. So many students had lined up that day, trying to catch a glimpse of her when Liv turned the corner with Hermione's breakfast. She came to a halt, staring at everyone shocked as they all suddenly faced her.

At once, everyone began to shout at her in questions, asking what happened, or insults, accusing her of causing it. But Liv didn't say a word. She just quickly walked past them, heading into the hospital as she grabbed Ronnie's hand on the way there. She had spotted the brunette, wanting to fill her in. Also knowing she wouldn't insult her with accusations.

Once Liv stepped into the hospital wing, Ronnie quickly shut the doors in everyone else's faces. She shuddered a sigh before turning back to Liv and Hermione, walking over to them at the Gryffindor's bed.

"Here you go," said Liv, placing the tray in Hermione's lap, who smiled at her.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that," Hermione told her but Liv shook her head.

"Don't be," she said, "I'm learning to ignore them."

Hermione grinned at her as Ronnie glanced in between them, impatiently. "Well?!" And the two looked back at her, "Did you find out if Draco was the Heir or not?"

"He isn't," Hermione told her.

"Ah, I told you!" Ronnie grinned.

When the new term started, Liv, Ronnie, and Daphne visited Hermione every morning for breakfast while Harry and Ron took the evenings. And occasionally, Liv went to see her before curfew.

"You know I've noticed..." Ronnie began after she swallowed her food, "You've been drinking a lot of milk."

Hermione shot her a look as Ronnie smirked, making her daily dose of cat jokes while Liv and Daphne tried to hold in their laughs.

"Not funny!"

"One day, you'll look back and laugh," Ronnie told her before the girls began to get up, grabbing their bags to head to class.

"Love you, Mione!" Liv grinned as she, Ronnie and Daphne left the wing while Hermione shook her head annoyed.

That night, staggering under the weight of the library books in their arms, Liv and Ronnie made their way back to the Hospital Wing after dinner, making their way to Hermione's bed, which was covered in books. "Oh, good," Hermione lit up when she saw them, "Put them anywhere," but there was nowhere to put the books, so they just dropped the books onto the ground. Hermione gave the girls a slow, annoyed look.