𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦; 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: EXAMS CANCELED
& The Petrified Students

---- "you have a place in my heart no one else ever could." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    BEFORE THE FEAST BEGAN, Liv strolled into the empty common room to take a shower, but when she did, she was happily greeted by her kitten

BEFORE THE FEAST BEGAN, Liv strolled into the empty common room to take a shower, but when she did, she was happily greeted by her kitten. Liv gasped, smiling as she picked Winter off the ground, holding her close to her chest.

"Hello, my darling," she muttered, feeling Winter happily purr against her chest, "I've missed you so much—"

"LIV...?"

Liv's brows furrowed as her eyes gazed up to the staircase and the railing. She thought she was alone. And to her surprise, Malfoy came into view, a rushed look on him. She was visibly confused. Why did he look so worried?

"Liv," he sighed before hurrying down the stairs, dashing towards her, "As soon as Ronnie told us what happened—"

"Why are you acting so..." She held in a grunt, with a baffled look on her when Malfoy suddenly — hugged...her. "...odd?"

After a moment, and Malfoy broke the hug from her, Liv continued to stare at him oddly. And was still visibly confused.

"Are you sick?" she asked.

"What? No," he said.

"Then why are you acting strange?" she asked.

"I'm not acting in any way," he said and she shot him a look.

"You just hugged me," she said.

"Because Ronnie told me you almost died!" He shouted and she pursed her lips, staring at him sternly, "Again!" he added.

Liv gazed at him a moment before saying, "I'm surprised you care since this entire year you have done nothing but—"

"You think I don't care?" Malfoy asked, staring at her like she was the daftest person he knew.

"Of course you don't!" Liv snapped, staring at him like he was the daftest person she knew, "You make sly, annoying comments. You've wished death upon my best friend. You stayed behind during holidays, for Merlin knows what, and caused even more trouble, started even more arguments when I went out of my way—"

"I stayed behind during the holidays because I knew you'd be here, you daft dimbo!" He shouted and Liv's thoughts were cut short, staring at him oddly and shocked.

"What?" she bitterly questioned.

"I know you don't have the greatest relationship with your Grandfather and I...didn't want you to be alone during the holidays," Malfoy slowly and hesitantly admitted.