𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦; 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: ARAGOG
& The Spider Attack

---- "i thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    SUMMER CREPT OVER THE GROUNDS across the castle as the month of May went by

                    SUMMER CREPT OVER THE GROUNDS across the castle as the month of May went by. The sky and lake alike turned periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses. But with no Hagrid visible from the castle windows, striding the grounds with Fang at his heels, the scene didn't look quite right; no better, in fact, than the inside of the castle, where things were so horribly wrong.

Liv, Ronnie, Harry, and Ron weren't allowed to visit Hermione; any visitors were now barred from the Hospital Wing.

"We're taking no more chances," Madam Pomfrey told anyone who wanted to visit the petrified students, "No, I'm sorry, there's every chance the attacker might come back to finish these people off..."

With Professor Dumbledore gone, fear had spread as never before, so that the sun warming the castle walls outside seemed to stop at the mullioned windows. There was barely a face to be seen in the school that didn't look worried and tense, and any laughter that rang through the corridors sounded shrill and unnatural and was quickly stifled.

Hagrid's hint about spiders was far easier to understand — the trouble was, there didn't seem to be a single spider left in the castle to follow. Liv searched everywhere, helped by Ronnie and Daphne, as the boys were still in the dark. They were hampered, of course, by the fact that they weren't allowed to wander off on their own but had to move around the castle in a pack with the other Slytherins. Most of their fellow students seemed glad they were being shepherded from class to class by teachers, but Liv found it irritating.

One person seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere of fear and suspicion, however. Draco Malfoy had been strutting around the school like he owned the place, overjoyed of Professor Dumbledore's suspicion. Two weeks of his constant yapping and Liv was about to snap.

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," said Malfoy on that May twenty-fourth day in Potions class. Liv sat with him, the most irritated look over her, tapping her fingers on the desk. It seemed he had gone right back to his regular, annoying self, "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed..." and Liv stopped what she was doing, slowly looking at this idiot with a harden look, "...McGonagall won't last long, she's only filling in—"

"Professor McGonagall practically already runs the school..." Liv cut him off, causing him to look at her, "...so if Professor Dumbledore were to be permanently removed she would obviously take over and fill his spot well. However, Professor Dumbledore is only on an Order of Suspicion, so I wouldn't get your hopes up."