𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵; 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: SECRETS
& The Riddles

---- "you and i drink the poison from the same vine." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    LIV AND HARRY raced headlong into the shadows of the tunnels, and as they did, they glanced back to find the snake eclipsed the light at the far end of the tunnel, quickly slithering inside

Quickly thinking, Harry ducked into an alcove, pulling Liv with him. The girl gasped from the sudden movement, only for Harry to cover her mouth with his hand.

They waited. Desperate to remain still and quiet.

The snake slid heavily by, before slowing down. It's head weaved inside, only inches from Liv and Harry's face. They both trembled as the snake's head cocked to the side.

Liv slowly faced the snake, breathing heavily as Harry carefully watched her. "Go," she hissed in Parseltongue, "Go find the boy. Go!"

And the snake finally withdrew, slithering away.

After that, Liv faced her cousin, who stared at her concerned. Her brows were furrowed and lips quivered.

"How could you do that without the snake attacking you?" Harry whispered, his green eyes glimmering, "In fact — why didn't it attack you when you tripped earlier?"

"Harry..." Liv quietly said as the stinging realization had finally hit him.

His mouth went dry, almost not believing it. "You're actually an Heir of Slytherin...aren't you?" he asked, his brows knitted together, "But...how is that possible?"

"We don't have time for this," Liv told him and he nodded, knowing she was right.

So the two ran forward, dashing out of the tunnels and into the main chamber where they spotted Ginny still laying on the floor. Looking frightening pale.

Nearby, Riddle grinned cruelly, almost completely solid now. "Yes, Potters," he said as the two glanced over at him, "The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much...alive."

Harry attempted to move towards Ginny, but stopped in his tracks when the Basilisk suddenly shot out of the tunnel, hissing directly for Harry. Liv quickly pulled Harry behind her, gazing at the snake intently. But it still continued forward, heading for Harry.

Trapped, Liv glanced around, searching for a solution. And then her eyes landed on the statue of Salazar Slytherin.

Impulsively, Liv leaped upward and began to scale the statue as Harry watched her. "Liv!" he shouted.