𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺; 𝘪 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩

CHAPTER THIRTY:
THE MINISTRY'S BIG MISTAKE

---- "to everyone who believes that books are magic

---- "to everyone who believes that books are magic." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— THE MONTH OLIVIA POTTER returned home for holidays, and learned that her name truly was Olivia Riddle Potter, she thought that would be the most interesting thing to happen the entire summer. But she was so far from being right.

The first couple weeks into June of 1993 was Liv sulking, accepting the fate of her true family identity. And missing her friends and cousins dearly. And like the universe was listening to her, Mattheo showed up on her front door. With a letter from his guardian. To her grandfather.

Jack,

With the rising danger towards Olivia and Matthew, he should be in your hands, where he'd be more protected and watched.

Olivia and Matthew deserve to be together, to be around family. And I know you'd do a better job than his father ever could.

— R.J.R.

And with that, Mattheo Thomas Riddle officially became under the guardianship of John Riddle. And moved into the Gaunt Residence with Olivia and Valerie.

The three were helping the boy move into the house when a letter came into the mail. From the Ministry, requesting everyone come to his office. Including Valerie. That confused everyone, especially Valerie.

All the events were a blur traveling to the Minister of Magic's office. All Liv remembered was feeling anxious when she squeezed into a telephone box that descended straight down like a lift and arrived at the atrium, from which they took an actual lift, all the way down to the first floor, where thick purple carpets covered the floor and mahogany doors led to offices.

Liv, Valerie, Mattheo, and Grandpa Jack now sat directly in front of the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, whose head hung in his hands and his lime-green bowler sat on his desk, carelessly upturned. His deep sigh rang out through the soundless office, and his hands rubbed through his rumpled gray hair, pulling lightly with his nerves.

When he finally placed his eyes on the four, he had a horribly guilty and embarrassed look on him. All of them stayed confused.

"It seems...we've made a mistake...a huge one actually," he said, his voice shaking in nerves.

Liv rose her brows, staring confused. She would have gestured for him to elaborate but Grandpa Jack beat her to it. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"We have suddenly been acknowledged that...Valerie...is actually a witch," Fudge told them, "A muggleborn witch."