𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯; 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE WARNING
dobby the houseelf

---------- "Family isn't based on blood. It's based on how you're treated." ----------

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    IT WAS A QUIET SUMMER EVENING IN SURREY IN JULY 1992

IT WAS A QUIET SUMMER EVENING IN SURREY IN JULY 1992. Until it wasn't. Liv Gaunt, or Liv Potter, was in her room, sitting at her desk that faced the window. Her kitten Winter, was purred up in her lap as the young eleven-year-old flipped through her photo album. She had added more pictures to it, ones she took before departing from Hogwarts. There were some of her and Harry. Her and Hermione. Her, Hermione, and Ronnie. Her, Ronnie, and Daphne. Then there was just one picture of her, surrounded by Theo, Mattheo, Blasie (another Slytherin friend), and Malfoy. Though the blonde-headed git was glaring at the girl before rolling his eyes.

Finally, there was her parents. The only two pictures she had, one of them with her as a baby. Just a couple months before they...died, Liv reckoned.

The sun had already set when Liv decided to leave her room. She had smelled dinner being made so she was curious to find out what Grandpa Jack was making.

"Liv!" She heard her Grandfather call out right as she stepped out from her room and into the hallway leading down the stairs.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"Could you go get Valerie from the Dursley's? Dinner is almost done!"

"Sure!" She yelled back right before she walked down the stairs. She walked over to the Dursley's to get Valerie quite a few times, and she wasn't ever greeted kindly. So naturally...she wasn't very excited to be greeted unkindly from her Aunt Lily's Muggle family. Liv was just hoping she'd be able to at least say hi to Harry. That day was Harry's twelfth birthday and Liv could only assume the Dursley's were treating him horribly, not remembering it was his birthday. Like every year. And Valerie being the sweetest girl both Liv and Harry knew, she was over at the Dursley's to keep Harry company on his birthday. They would allow Valerie in their house because she was a Muggle and not Liv. She hadn't seen Harry since they parted at King's Cross Station all because his aunt and uncle thought she was 'freaky.'

So she thought the only way she could talk to him was to send him letters. But he hadn't responded all summer. Or from any of her friends, if she thought about it.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, Liv was surprised to find the front door had swung open to Valerie running in, panting. Liv eyed her confused as the blonde was trying to catch her breath, "Val?" She questioned, "What happened? Did you just run over here?"

"I...found out...why you haven't been...receiving letters..."

"What?" Liv asked, rather loudly, which caught Grandpa Jack's attention.