𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦; 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:
SNOW GLISTENING

---- "inside of each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil

---- "inside of each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. it's a constant struggle as to which one will win. and one cannot exist without the other." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— HARRY WAS KEPT IN THE HOSPITAL WING for the rest of the weekend, while Ronnie was released the day of the match. Liv, Valerie, Ronnie, Hermione, and Ron would visit early morning after breakfast, and everyone except Valerie would leave before dinner. Harry had a dream of visitors over the two days, all intent on cheering him up. Hagrid sent him a bunch of earwiggy flowers that looked like yellow cabbages, and Ginny Weasley, blushing furiously, turned up with a get-well card she had made herself, which sang shrilly unless Harry kept it shut under his bowl of fruit.

Everyone thought it was adorable, all but Valerie. Though she never voiced her opinion on it.

It was a bit of a nice relief to get back to school on Monday, with all the noise and bustle. However, Liv didn't miss Draco or Mattheo's constant hovering. Especially Draco's, who had finally took off his bandages and celebrated by doing spirited imitations of Harry falling off his broom.

Draco spent much of their next Potions class doing dementor imitations across the dungeon at Harry; Ron finally cracked and flung a large, slippery crocodile heart at Draco, which hit him in the face and caused Professor Snape to take fifty points from Gryffindor. Standing next to Draco, Liv couldn't help but snicker at the splat! of the heart, earning a glare from him.

"Oh, you think that's funny?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Oh, is it funny now?" he asked as he dropped a vial of a potion down her robes. Liv squealed as he chuckled.

"Malfoy!" she seethed, retailing with a beaker of toad blood over his pristine white shirt.

"Olivia!" he snapped.

"Potter! Malfoy!" Professor Snape hissed as they looked at him. "Detention!"

A groan escaped Liv as she exchanged a heated glare with Draco. She was certain he relished the thought of detention together, but she'd sooner leap from a precipice than share detention with him.

"If Snape's taking Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm going to be sick," said Ron as they headed to Professor Lupin's classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Hermione."

Hermione peered around the classroom door.

"It's okay!"

Professor Lupin was back at work. It certainly looked as though he had been ill. His old robes were hanging more loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats, and they burst at once into an explosion of complaints about Professor Snape's behavior while Lupin had been ill.