𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺; 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦, 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰

CHAPTER FIFTY:
BLACK ATTACKS

---- "sometimes, the wicked will tell us things just to confuse us — to haunt our thoughts long after we've faced them

---- "sometimes, the wicked will tell us things just to confuse us — to haunt our thoughts long after we've faced them." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— IT WAS A CLEAR, COOL DAY, with a very light breeze; it didn't seem there would be any visibility problems today. Liv wanted to feel excited, but she was too irritated from her argument with Draco. She stuffed her hands in her jacket's pockets, letting the wind breeze through her curly hair. Just before the game started, Ronnie walked beside her with Daphne and Theo.

"So, did Draco apologize?" asked Ronnie, and Liv turned to her with narrowed eyes.

"That was supposed to be an apology?" she asked.

Ronnie lightly cringed.

"I ask him to do one thing... and he can't even do that right..."

"You asked him to apologize?"

"Yes... because... frankly..."

"You guys aren't getting along and it's annoying," said Daphne, and Liv stared at her surprised. "I mean... you guys haven't ever gotten along before... but it's different now."

"What happened between you?" asked Theo.

"Nothing," Liv mumbled, and they couldn't ask any questions further. The game had started.

"Wood, Davies, shake hands," said Madam Hooch briskly, and Wood shook hands with the Ravenclaw captain. "Mount your brooms... on my whistle... three – two – one –"

Harry kicked off into the air and the Firebolt zoomed high and faster than any other broom; he soared around the stadium and began squinting around for the Snitch, listening all the while to the commentary, which was being provided by Lee Jordan.

"They're off, and the big excitement of this match is the Firebolt which Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship–"

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Right, you are, Professor – just giving a bit of background information. The Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and–"

"Jordan!"

"Ok, ok, Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell of Gryffindor heading for goal..."

Harry streaked past Katie in the opposite direction, and Cho Chang was tailing him closely. She seemed like a good flier, but she kept cutting across Harry, forcing him to change direction.