𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵; 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘮 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT:
STOLEN KISSES

---- "she's the best thing you ever lost and you'll realize this when it's too late

---- "she's the best thing you ever lost and you'll realize this when it's too late." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— NOBODY AT HOGWARTS KNEW the truth of what had happened the night that Sirius, Buckbeak, and Pettigrew had vanished except Liv, Harry, Ronnie, Valerie, Mattheo, Ron, Hermione, and Professor Dumbledore. As well as Daphne and Draco. The three Slytherin girls of course filled in Theo and Blaise of very diluted events, such as that Sirius was innocent, Buckbeak was free, Pettigrew was alive, and of course the big one — Ronnie was Sirius's daughter.

Liv had heard many different theories about what had really happened, but none of them came close to the truth. Pansy Parkinson, for instance, had been telling the entire school that Hagrid found a way of smuggling the hippogriff to safety. The delusion.

Though the weather was perfect, though the atmosphere was so cheerful, though she knew they had achieved the near impossible in helping Sirius to freedom, Liv had never approached the end of a school year in worse spirits.

She certainly wasn't the only one who was sorry to see Professor Lupin go. The whole of Liv's Defense Against the Dark Arts class was miserable about his resignation.

"Wonder what they'll give us next year?" said Seamus Finnigan gloomily.

"Maybe a vampire," suggested Dean Thomas hopefully.

It wasn't only Professor Lupin's departure that was weighing on Liv's mind. She couldn't help but wonder where Pettigrew was now, whether he had sought sanctuary with Voldemort. If he had told his dear Lord all about his great niece and where she was.

On June 17th, the exam results came out. Liv and all her friends passed every subject, but how could they not with Hermione Granger helping them?

Unfortunately, Gryffindor House won both the Quidditch Cup and the House Championships this year. The Great Hall was decked out in scarlet and gold, and the Gryffindor table was the noisiest of them all.

However, before everyone went down to the Great Hall for dinner, Liv sat in her empty dormitory, staring down at the anonymous love letters spread out before her. Each one filled with words that made her heart flutter and her mind race with possibilities. She picked up the latest letter, tracing the elegant handwriting with her finger.

Her thoughts inevitably drifted to Draco, wondering if he really could be behind them. But at the same time, she wondered if it was Peter. She had to know, and with Valerie's voice in her head, she knew she had to figure this out.

At once, she gathered the letters and tucked them safely into her Slytherin robes. With a deep breath, she hurried out of the dormitory and the common room, her school robes gliding behind her like a shadow. She was heading towards the Great Hall first, and if Draco wasn't there, then she'd try the courtyard.