𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹; 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX:
THE PATRONUS

---- "i have found so much beauty in the dark, as i have found a lot of horror in the light

---- "i have found so much beauty in the dark, as i have found a lot of horror in the light." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— SAFE IN THE SHADOWS OF THE FOREST, Liv, Harry, Hermione, and Ronnie made their way silently through the trees, keeping to the very edge of the forest. Then, as they glimpsed the front of Hagrid's house, they heard a knock upon his door. They moved quickly behind a wide oak tree and peered out from either side. Hagrid had appeared at the doorway, looking shocked to see Liv, Ronnie, Valerie, Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

"Yeh shouldn't come!" He stood back, letting the six students usher inside, before shutting the door quickly.

"This is the weirdest thing I've seen," said Liv.

"Maybe even the weirdest thing we've done," said Harry. "And we fought a mountain troll."

"We fight one every day," said Liv.

"You've what?" asked Ronnie.

Liv remembered Ronnie wasn't there when they fought off the mountain troll first year in the girl's lavatory.

"Let's move along a bit," Hermione whispered. "We need to get nearer to Buckbeak!"

They crept through the trees until they saw the nervous Hippogriff, tethered to the fence around Hagrid's pumpkin patch, feasting on a ferret.

The four slowly stepped out of the forest, and filed behind a pile of pumpkins. Peering into the hut, Liv saw Hermione and Ron embrace awkwardly. She grinned and turned to Hermione only to find the girl analyzing the moment with considerable fascination. Liv furrowed her brows just as Hermione caught her look, and regarded her defensively.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," Liv murmured before turning back to the scene before them.

"Here they come," Harry suddenly said and Liv spotted Minister Fudge and the other approaching the hut in the distance. "I better hurry to get Buckbeak—"

"No!" said Hermione, pulling Harry back down from standing up. "Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free!"

Harry spared Liv and Ronnie a look and he realized they all agreed with Hermione. It would be stupid to take Buckbeak now.

"That's going to give us about sixty seconds," he said, looking at them as though he believed it were impossible.

"We'll do it in forty, then," said Hermione.

Harry then looked towards the hut only for his face to drastically change.