𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹; 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: BASILISK
& The Chamber Entrance

---- "we must learn to live together as family or perish together as fools." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    THE NEXT DAY, Liv was in Transfigurations when she and Ronnie told Theo, Blaise, and Peter about their discovery the night before

THE NEXT DAY, Liv was in Transfigurations when she and Ronnie told Theo, Blaise, and Peter about their discovery the night before. And about everything else they've been doing. And as expected, the boys stared at them shocked.

"You've been doing what?" Peter asked.

"We've been in that lavatory how many times?" Theo asked.

"And Moaning Myrtle was the girl who was killed the entire time?" Blaise asked.

"You've been doing what?!" Peter repeated and Liv huffed, shooting him a look.

"I've been trying to figure out who petrified my best friend, that's what I've been doing," Liv told him.

"Now we can't even ask her what killed her," Ronnie bitterly muttered.

It was hard enough searching for spiders; Now escaping their teachers long enough to 'use the lavatory' would be harder, especially with both of them going.

However, something happened in that first lesson with Professor McGonagall that drove the Chamber of Secrets out of their minds for the first time in weeks. Shortly after their discussion with the boys, Professor McGonagall told them their exams would start on the first week of June, one week from today.

"Exams?" howled Zoe Accrington, "We're still doing exams?"

"It seems we might have some studying to do," Liv muttered to Ronnie, who nodded.

"You have to study to get good grades?" Malfoy questioned, causing Liv and Ronnie to place their eyes on him, "I guess magic comes more naturally to some than others."

Liv narrowed her eyes at him, irritated, while Ronnie reached over and smacked the back of his head. He groaned before quickly looking at her annoyed. "No one likes a brag," she said and he rolled his eyes before turning away from her.

"The whole point of keeping the school open at this time is for you to receive your education," Professor McGonagall continued, "The exams will therefore take place as usual, and I trust you will be studying hard."

Liv fiddled with Hermione's friendship bracelet and wondered if they ever could find a way to ask Moaning Myrtle about how she died. She would tattle if they visited her at night, and all the teachers watched the students like hawks. Liv wished it wasn't so difficult, but that's just how things were now.

♔ ♔ ♔

FOUR DAYS LATER, just three days before exams started, Professor McGonagall made an announcement at breakfast.