𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳; 𝘪 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:
THE DEMENTORS

---- "even though we never said it, we knew

---- "even though we never said it, we knew." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— THE NEXT THING LIV KNEW, they were leaving the Leaky Cauldron, separating the group of fourteen into two cars. Nine of them were in Grandpa Jack's limousine while the five others were in a car the Ministry provided. Liv, Valerie, Mattheo, Harry, Ronnie, Fred, Hermione, Ron, and Grandpa Jack were in the limousine while George, Percy, Ginny, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley took the car.

The journey to King's Cross was filled with Ron and Hermione arguing about their pets for the most part. The other part was Ronnie, Harry, Mattheo, and Fred talking about the new Quidditch year and guessing who'd win.

Seeing as Ronnie wanted to try out that year, she declared Slytherin would win. But with Harry and Fred's competitive spirit, they declared Gryffindor would win.

Liv felt like she could breathe when they finally reached King's Cross. She was sure Grandpa Jack was going to snap at any moment with how loud they were before.

"Right then," said Mr. Weasley once they all joined together again. "Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll go through first with Ms. Valerie, seeing as it's her first time."

However, Valerie didn't move. In fact, she only moved closer to Liv and Grandpa Jack, clear nerves over her. Grandpa Jack glanced down at her only once before he told Mr. Weasley, "She'll go through with me."

Mr. Weasley merely nodded before he pointed at Harry to go through with him instead. The boy nodded before he shot Valerie an assuring smile.

Once Mr. Weasley and Harry had gone through the barrier to the Hogwarts Express, Percy and Ginny followed. Fred and George went after them, then Mrs. Weasley and Ron, then Mattheo and Ronnie, then Liv and Hermione, and finally Valerie and Grandpa Jack.

Harry and Ron led the way to the end of the train, past packed compartments, to a carriage that looked quite empty. They loaded their trunks into it, stowed Hedwig, Crookshanks, Winter, and Raven in the luggage rack, then hurried back outside to say goodbye to Grandpa Jack, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

As Mrs. Weasley kissed all her children goodbye, Liv, Valerie, and Mattheo stood before a stern-dull looking Grandpa Jack. He looked at each and every one of them, his blue eyes almost glistening.

"I think I've said all I needed to," he said.

"Yup," muttered Mattheo before he walked off onto the train to go find his friends.

Leaving him with just his grandchildren, Grandpa Jack continued to give his stern look. Even when he told Valerie, "Stay away from trouble, get your homework done and done well, and don't try out for Quidditch-"