𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 ; 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

KEEPER OF KEYS:
the explanation

---------- "When no one is left to tell what happened, family histories keep their secrets" ----------

THE GIRL WHO ENDURED

tw; child incarcerated

                    THE VERY NEXT NIGHT, July 31, 1991, Grandpa Jack did exactly what he threatened

THE VERY NEXT NIGHT, July 31, 1991, Grandpa Jack did exactly what he threatened. He took Valerie and Liv away, far far away, and locked Liv away in the highest room there was. Grandpa Jack took the girls to a place they had never been before, a place they never knew even existed. A mansion. They never knew that their Grandfather had or even owned one, but he did. He dragged Liv away to an isolated room, while he and Valerie slept in rooms on the other side of the mansion.

So now, Liv was on her own, staring up at the dark ceiling above her, feeling the most pain a little girl could. She felt dead and unwanted.

If only my parents were alive.

Oh how she wished, she wished she could escape her Grandfather's abuse. She wished she could just run away, taking Valerie with her. She wished it all could just end. But she most importantly wished that her parents were alive, because if they were, maybe she wouldn't have this much weight on her.

Right then, the entire mansion shook. It sounded and felt like someone knocked at the door of the mansion, but much louder and angrier. Liv could just feel the energy of whoever or whatever the noise was coming from and she felt scared, but also at peace.

She quickly crawled out of her bed and ran for her door. She started banging at it, shaking the locked knob, hoping that would cause it to unhinge. But it didn't. "Let me out! Let me out!" she yelled, fully knowing something was out there, and it wasn't all in her head, "Grandfather, please. I'm scared."

Suddenly, the door clicked, and Liv froze. Did I do that? But she quickly drove the thought away as she opened the door, to see Valerie on the other side, "Val?" Liv questioned, in a relieved tone. But Valerie held up her hand to see a key in it.

"I snatched it from Grandpa before he passed out," Valerie informed her cousin but Liv didn't care. She engulfed the girl in a hug, all she wanted was to be near her again.

But when the doors downstairs and the mansion kept thumping, the sound echoing throughout the place, the girls broke their hug and quickly headed down the stairs.

Right when the girls ran to the bottom of the stairs, the mansion doors were completely knocked down, causing the girls to scream in terror. They held onto each other as Grandpa Jack ran down the stairs, holding a shotgun in his hands, "Who's there?!"

A woman revealed herself as the person who made all the rumble and destruction. She had long and beautiful pale blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin -- she wore a elegant white cropped sweater, puffed white blazer with the sleeves cutting off at her mid arm, white skirt with golden buttons, along with white heels.