𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳; 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘥?

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: HERMIONE
& Malfoy's Innocence

---- "when a close friend unexpectedly leaves us, a piece of our heart is forever broken." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    IT WAS NO SECRET THAT Hagrid had an unfortunate liking for large and monstrous creatures and would go through extreme measures to have one

IT WAS NO SECRET THAT Hagrid had an unfortunate liking for large and monstrous creatures and would go through extreme measures to have one. Last year for example; There was Fluffy, the giant three-headed-dog he'd rasied, and then Norbert, the Norwegian Ridgeback he drunkenly won. It wouldn't surprise Liv if a thirteen-year-old Hagrid would try to fit a leash and collar around this monster.

Again and again, Ronnie, Hermione, and Ron made Liv and Harry recount what they'd seen in the diary, but they wouldn't inform Peter or Daphne until they knew for sure it was Hagrid who open the Chamber of Secrets. Their walk across the school grounds wasn't any different;

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be," Hermione said, "Riddle must've gotten the wrong person."

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," said Harry, miserably, "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have gotten his reward."

"We don't even know this Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me," Ron told them, "Just like Percy — who asked him to squeal on Hagrid, anyway?"

"You weren't there, Ron," Liv told the boy.

"The monster had killed someone," Hermione added.

"And he and my grandfather would be going back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," Liv added in, causing Ronnie, Hermione, and Ron to stop in their place, eyeing the girl oddly. And very much confused, "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here..."

"Did you just say 'and your grandfather?" Ron asked, causing Liv to turn back to the three's confused looks.

"Yes..." the girl softly said as Harry frowned at her, "Apparently...they're brothers."

And from that, the three widened their eyes in shock. "What?" Ronnie asked, "But your grandfather's last name is—"

"Gaunt, I know. I'm just as confused as you," Liv told her and Ronnie pursed her lips, before placing her eyes on Harry, a determined look glistening in her dark eyes.

"You met Hagrid down in Knockturn Alley, right?" she asked him.

"He was buying a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent," Harry told her, and the five of them fell silent.

After a long pause, Hermione voiced the most bizarre question of all in a hesitant voice; "Look, Hagrid is our friend. Why don't we just ask him about it?"