𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯; 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: CORNISH PIXIES
ron's howler

---------- "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." ----------

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    SEPTEMBER 2ND 1992, the next day, was the first day of classes and when the drama of the year truly started

                    SEPTEMBER 2ND 1992, the next day, was the first day of classes and when the drama of the year truly started. Liv walked into the Great Hall that morning for breakfast with Daphne and Ronnie on both sides. The entire hall was babbling in talk but when the Potter girl entered, it gradually faded, students staring and murmuring about her. She stared at everyone, slightly grumbling under her breath as her friends from Gryffindor frowned at themselves from their table. It wasn't until Mattheo entered the hall, taking his spot by Liv, glaring down the hall that the babble of talk quickly broke out again, "Bloody idiots," Mattheo muttered.

As he walked off towards the Slytherin table with Daphne and Ronnie, Liv stayed behind a moment, watching the Riddle boy, a slightly confused expression on her. Everyone seemed afraid of him. Or at least intimidated by him. But why, the girl pondered.

Her thoughts were quickly shaken away when a boy from Gryffindor by the name of Peter Whiteford excitedly walked up to her, "Livy-Liv!" he chimed and Liv smiled towards him, "So good to see you," and the two shared a quick hug, "Everyone thought for sure you were gone. Professor Snape..." But at the same time, a couple of fo Ravenclaws entered the hall, exchanging dirty looks toward Liv as they walked past, heading for their table.

Together, Liv and Peter watched them go, annoyed expressions as they heard them talking about the Slytherin girl. Liv rolled her eyes as Peter awkwardly frowned, turning back to the girl, "So...some students sort of think...you paid off Professor Snape to let you stay at Hogwarts," he told her, to which she stared at him shocked.

"What?!" she quietly snapped, "Who would...?" But at the same time, the two glanced back towards the Slytherin table when they heard the obnoxious voice of Pansy Parkinson, talking to first years.

It was no surprise to find that Pansy was talking about Liv to them, it was almost like she was obsessed with her. Liv grumbled under her breath again before the two went off their separate ways. As she headed towards the end of the table where her friends resided, she walked past Pansy, but heard her say, "I heard Liv's father was friends with Professor Snape when they were at Hogwarts. He clearly let her go because she reminds him of her dead father – or the fact she paid him off," and the first years gasped, "This is what blood traitor privilege looks like."

When Liv plopped down in between Daphne, Malfoy, and Mattheo, across from Ronnie, Theo, and Blaise, the group of friends very quickly noticed how angry she looked. She aggressively started cutting up her eggs, chomping them down before washing them down with juice – all in one sip, "Woah, what's got your jumper in a knot?" Blaise asked as Liv shot him a quick look, before grabbing her bacon.