𝘵𝘦𝘯; 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘭

CHRISTMAS BREAK:
mirror of erised

--------- "A million words would not bring you back, I know because I've tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried." ---------

THE GIRL WHO ENDURED

                     CHRISTMAS OF 1991 WAS FINALLY COMING

CHRISTMAS OF 1991 WAS FINALLY COMING. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow, and when Liv entered the common room, a chilly frost had covered the stone walls and snow was in the air. Through the window, the lake was seen to be frozen solid, and very little light streamed through the windows. She held her arms, trying to warm up a bit more under her layered clothing. That day, she was wearing her green initial jumper with jeans and converse. She stepped down the last step from the stairs leading to the dormitories, books clung to her chest when suddenly Ronnie ran down the stairs, catching up with her, "Liv, wait up!" And the girl looked back to find Ronnie wearing a heavy dark purple jumper, boot-cut jeans, and black converse, "Are you going to the library, by chance? I see you have books in hand and I was going to study with the Weasley boys."

"Um, yes," Liv answered, the two of them continuing their way towards the doors of the common room.

And Liv wanted to tell Ronnie what happened on Halloween, and at the Quidditch game, and with Hagrid, but she didn't know who could be listening in. So she waited until the two girls left the common room, out into the corridor outside to tell her. All while pairs of blue and dark eyes followed the girls.

Once outside, heading towards the library, that was when Liv told her. About everything. From Halloween night when Harry and Ron saved Liv and Hermione from the troll — to Liv seeing Snape just moments before — to Harry telling her that he saw blood on Snape's leg, leaving them to the conclusion that he got bit by the three-headed-dog — to Harry's broom being jinxed — and finally, Hagrid accidentally slipping the word Nicolas Flamel from his lips.

"Merlin, that's a lot," Ronnie muttered and Liv nodded.

"And the first term isn't even over yet," said Liv, "Hermione told me to meet up with her at the library so we could look up information about Flamel—" and it was then that the two stepped into the library. The two saw many people, but none of them were Hermione, "She probably lost track of time, doing homework that's not due until much later. Like usual."

"How could you know that?" Ronnie asked as the two spotted the Weasley Twins.

"Because it's the weekend, she is either doing one of three things. In the library, working on her homework, or cleaning her dormitory," said Liv which Ronnie eyed her oddly, "I've picked up a thing or two over the months."

Ronnie then sat down with the Weasley Twins as Liv set her books down. They were mostly for Hermione's sake, but since the bushy-hair girl wasn't there yet, "I am going to search the library for a...certain book," she glanced down at Ronnie who nodded.