𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯; 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘵

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:
A ENVIOUS SCHEME

---- "secrets and lies kill relationships

---- "secrets and lies kill relationships. no matter how careful you are, you will get caught." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— THE BLAKE MANOR LIBRARY was a sanctuary of knowledge, its shelves lined with ancient tomes and the scent of old parchment lingering in the air. Liv sat by the window, her fingers tracing the intricate patterns on the cover of a leather-bound book. The afternoon light filtered through the stained glass, casting colorful shadows on the polished floor.

Footsteps approached, and Liv glanced back to find that the library doors opened to Melinda Blake, and she quickly turned nervous. The mother's expression was one of concern, her eyes searching Liv's face.

"Liv," her voice was soft, "are you alright? You've been in here since breakfast."

Liv closed the book, her heart heavy with the weight of the truths she carried. "Just thinking," she said as she drifted towards the grand table that anchored library. A place to study, or read for the family members.

"About what?" Melinda asked curiously.

"My mother..." Liv quietly said before hesitantly glancing up at the woman. "My parents..."

She saw a gentle smile on her face as she stepped towards the table. "She was my best friend," she said and Liv's brows knitted together in surprise.

"What?" she asked and Melinda lightly tilted her head.

"No one told you?" she asked and Liv shook her head. "Well... I suppose that makes sense. I've been more absent in your life than I would like."

Liv's eyes shined with unshed tears, her heart aching for the woman she didn't know. "What was she like?" she asked.

Melinda's eyes took on a distant look as she recalled memories from long ago. "Your mother was the most vibrant person I knew. She had this laugh that could light up the darkest room, and a spirit that was unbreakable," she said and Liv grinned as the mother's eyes softened. She seemed... sad. "She was quite brilliant. Top of our class, always able to rival James and Lily's grades, but never boastful. She had a way of making everyone feel included, feel special. And she was brave, braver than anyone I've known."

Liv clasped her hands together, hanging on every word. "What else?" she asked.

"She loved the library," she said. "She and Lily would spend hours in the library, always ready to learn, and discover new things. But she also loved the Quidditch Pitch. She was the Gryffindor Captain."

Liv slightly smiled before nodding. "I know," she said. "Professor Lupin told me."

Melinda's eyes looked like they glazed over from a distant memory. "Lupin?" she questioned and Liv nodded. "Remus?"