𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦; 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘺

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:
MYSTERY VALENTINE

---- "what if evil doesn't really exist? what if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except our own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices

---- "what if evil doesn't really exist? what if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except our own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— ON THE MORNING OF FEBRUARY 14TH, Liv approached the Great Hall with her usual nonchalance, unaware that it was Valentine's Day. She walked into the Great Hall and stopped by the Gryffindor table to say hello to her friends when she noticed an array of red and pink cards, chocolates, and flowers scattered across the table.

She seemed confused until Hermione gave her a piece of chocolate. "Happy Valentine's, Livvy," she said and Liv smiled in realization.

"Thank you," she said. "Happy Valentine's, Mione."

"Liv, look," said Valerie, holding up a card. "I got a card from Dean Thomas."

Liv stared at her surprised before slowly glancing over at Harry, who was poking at his food. "Oh... that's nice, Val," said Liv before clearing her throat. Harry hesitantly looked up at her to find her brows raised. "What do you think of that, Harry?"

He merely just shrugged before returning to eating.

Liv stared at him confused.

He barely looked at her for five seconds. Why was he acting weird? Was it because Valerie got a Valentine?

"So... did you get a Valentine, Harry?" she asked.

He shook his head no.

Liv narrowed her eyes at him, staring confused. She knew something was going on with him, more than usual. Why was he acting so odd?

She lightly frowned before she turned to leave for the Slytherin table when she almost bumped into someone. She gasped as her eyes followed the face of Peter Whiteford.

"Peter, hi," she said before her eyes averted to the bouquet of purple bellflowers in his hands. She stared at them surprised before her eyes met back up to his face.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Liv," he said, his voice tinged with nerves and hope.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she accepted the flowers, a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Thank you, Peter," she replied, touched by the gesture.

From the Slytherin table, Draco Malfoy watched the exchange with a growing sense of jealousy. His fists clenched under the table as he observed Liv's reaction to Peter's gift. The sight of her accepting flowers or gifts from anyone other than him ignited a powerful surge of rage within him.

Liv may hate him for shutting her out, but she was his girl. Not Whiteford's, or Diggory's – His.

He didn't understand why Liv would accept such a gift. Bellflowers? Please!