𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦; 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:
HERMIONE AND VALERIE'S SECRET

---- "the most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes

---- "the most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes." ----

GOOD & EVIL

——— CROOKSHANKS, WINTER, AND CELESTE led the way down the stairs; Lupin, Pettigrew, and Ron went next, looking like entrants in a six-legged race. Next came Snape, drifting creepily along, his toes hitting each stair as they descended, held up his own wand, which Sirius Black was pointing. The Somnambulist Charm. Ronnie walked with her father, and Hermione followed them with Valerie, and Harry, Liv, and Mattheo brought up the rear.

Getting back into the tunnel was difficult. Professor Lupin, Pettigrew, and Ron had to turn sideways to manage it; Lupin still had Pettigrew covered with his wand. Liv could see them edging awkwardly along the tunnel in a single file. The three animals were still in the lead, and Harry edged forward to talk to Sirius.

"How did you know where I was?" Liv asked Mattheo as they edged closer to the entrance.

"Draco came back to the common room sulking and I shouted at him for leaving you alone before I ran off to go look for you," said Mattheo. "As I was heading out of the castle, I ran into Professor Lupin, and I for sure thought I was done for, until he insisted I go with him to the tree. On the way there, he explained everything he had figured out. Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, your mum, my cousin, everything..."

Liv's lightly twitched before she nodded.

"Well, thank you..." she said.

When they had finally managed to make it all the way up the tunnel, Crookshanks and Winter had supposedly darted up the place their paws to the knot on the trunk, because Professor Lupin, Pettigrew, and Ron clambered upward without any sound of savaging branches.

Sirius saw Professor Snape up through the hole, then stood back for Ronnie, Harry, Hermione, Valerie, Liv, and Mattheo to pass. At last, all of them were out.

The grounds were very dark by now; the only light came from the distant windows of the castle. Without a word, they set off. Pettigrew was still wheezing and occasionally whimpering. Liv's head pounded with information, adventure, and confusion.

"One wrong move, Peter," said Professor Lupin threateningly ahead. His wand was still pointed sideways at Pettigrew's chest.

Ron was carefully set down on the ground with the help of Harry before the group of six children surrounded the ginger boy. Mattheo stood, crossing his arms with a stern look on him while everyone else tended to Ron's wounded ankle.

"Are you okay?" asked Harry, but when Liv looked up at him, she found he wasn't looking at Ron or their group. Sirius had walked off, staring at the castle in the distance.