𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰; 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘯, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: HEIR OF SLYTHERIN
& The Polyjuice Potion

---- "the what if's and the
should have's will eat your brain." ----

FOOL'S DAUGHTER

                    WALKING THROUGH THE HALLS OF THE SCHOOL, HER SNIFFLES ECHOING THROUGH THE HALLWAY, Liv strutted through the halls, clinging her books to her chest, her robes swaying with each step she took

WALKING THROUGH THE HALLS OF THE SCHOOL, HER SNIFFLES ECHOING THROUGH THE HALLWAY, Liv strutted through the halls, clinging her books to her chest, her robes swaying with each step she took. She didn't notice Malfoy, Crabe and Goyle passing by until she heard her name, "Gaunt!"

She stopped in her spot, looking back to find the three boys looking at her. She quickly wiped her tears away, embarrassed to be crying in front of them. Especially Malfoy.

"I told you that's not my name," she said.

"And I told you I'm not calling you Potter," said Malfoy and she shook her head, rolling her eyes before continuing down the hallway.

"You guys go— Wait up, Liv!" And the girl was confused when she found Malfoy suddenly next to her, walking with her down the hall. She just eyed him oddly, while he looked like it was a normal Tuesday. She just ignored it, looking forwards as Malfoy looked at her. They were just at the same height, unlike last year when she was taller. And he reckoned he'd be taller than her by their third year.

"We read what was in The Hogwarts Herald," said Malfoy, but based off her look, he continued, "Alright, Daphne did and told us about it."

"I don't want to talk about it," Liv sternly said.

As the two walked down the hall together, they almost stormed straight into Hagrid, who stood covered in snow, a dead rooster dangling from his hand. Liv and Malfoy stared at him in utter confusion. "Alrigh' Liv?" Hagrid asked.

"Hagrid...what are you doing?" asked Liv, her eyes blinking wide eyed.

Hagrid then held up the rooster with a smile. "Second one killed this term. Reckon it's either foxes or a Blood-Suckin' Bugbear. Need Dumbledore's permission ter put a charm round the hen-coop," said Hagrid before narrowing his eyes at the girl, "Yeh sure yeh're all righ', Liv? Yeh look all hot an' bothered and yeh're cryin'."

Liv wiped away more tears as Malfoy glanced between the two. "It's nothing," she said, "Just frustrated with my studies."

"We should go to our dormitories...to study," said Malfoy and Liv eyed him oddly.

Hagrid nodded, walking off as the two second years continued on down the hall. "Why did you cover for me?" Liv asked.

"You said it yourself," Malfoy said, "You don't want to talk about it."

Liv stared at him intrigued, about to say something when—

"Miss Potter!"

The two came to a stop as they slowly turned around, finding Professor McGonagall a couple feet behind them, approaching. "Headmaster Dumbledore needs to see you," she said and Liv huffed.