Chapter 3: Tick Tteok ⏰

🎶Early early early in the morning . . .

다가오지 마 (Don't come near me)~

보이고 싶지 않아 (I don't wanna see you)~

널 떠올릴 때마다 (Every time you come up in my head)~

혼자 묻어둔 생각들(I think of thoughts I have buried alone)~

아파 (It hurts). . . 🎶 (Alarm SFX: Morning by Mamamoo)

"Eoniiiiiii... Would you wake up and switch off your alarm please? Eugh..." footsteps can be heard dragging along the corridor before it came to a complete stop in front of a room. Without any warnings, the doorknob was twisted loudly in hope to awaken the sleeping bunny who are still oblivious that someone has already entered her room.

"Aish... Eonni? Eonni... EONNI WAKE UP!" She began to shake vigorously as if she's kneading a dough.

"Mmm... I can't eat anymore tteokbokki hehehehe... can I takeaway please?" she answered in her sleep.

"Tsk tsk tsk... she sure slept well after all that trouble I went through last night, cleaning up after her and dragging her to bed." She sighed for a moment, reluctant to use the last resort but her choice seems limited. After a hesitant gulp, she muttered softly, "Ahjumma-"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING AHJUMMA?! I'M BARELY 30!" the sleeping bunny instantly turned into an awaken hibernating bear who grabbed her own sister by the thin collar of the pyjama who looked like it was about to rip.

"Eo- Eonni... D-Don't you have a class to teach today?"

Glancing around the room in a sleepy state, she barely reads the clock on the wall showing half past seven "Omo? Omo! Aaaaaaaa I'm late!!!" Yongsun starts to fumble and hustling around the room to get herself ready, yet she can't seem to do so with many missing puzzles in place it was as if she's in an escape room with her sister as a guide whenever she couldn't find something.

"So Hyun-ah, where's my blazer? my notebook? my phone? my-"

"Eonni you should have it all with you, didn't you intend to stay over at oppa's place?"

The busy bee suddenly stopped in amidst of her hustle, recalling the events that happened last night. Silence fell the same time tears were shed, and though So Hyun felt bad she has more important things to remind her, "School-"

"Aish... That's right! I have no time for tears right now." Yongsun wiped her tears, determined to make the best impression on her first day at work she asked, "So Hyun-ah, eonni will borrow your things first, okay?"

"O-Oh! Sure, eonni." Watching her sister getting ready, she feels something was amiss. The lightbulb finally switched within her mind, prompting her to rummage through the messy piles of flyers on the dining table, "Eonni, this name card yesterday-"

"Hold on, So Hyun-ah. I'm almost done." Yongsun cuts her off as she skilfully draws the lip gloss across her lips, finalising with a smack to smear it evenly. She turns to So Hyun and snatched the name card off her, struggling to read it while she puts on her high heels, "Tteok... Do you want tteokbokki for dinner?"

"No, eonni. Yesterday-"

"Okay I'll buy it for you later, bye!!!" she slammed the door shut, ending their conversation.

"... Ugh whatever... Back to bed..." So Hyun yawned, shrugging off any worries as she heads back to sleep since she wouldn't be starting school until next month.

Dashing out, Yongsun did an elaborate mental calculation as she ran across the corridor towards the elevator. "Shit!" she cussed upon arrival, completely forgotten that the elevator is still under maintenance and ran back towards her house where the emergency staircase is located.

'Aish! Screw the lift company. I've wasted 3 precious minutes running back and forth...!' When she finally arrived at the ground floor, she leaped out like a marathon that has just begun.

Turning left, then drifting to the right, avoided a brown cat yawning in the middle of the street, the bus stop is almost in sight, she desperately ran while waving her hands in the air begging for the bus to stay and... the bus let her smell the 'fart' of its exhaust, leaving just milliseconds after she step foot on the bus stop, "AISH! Shi*** *** *** (let's assume she cursed for a while)"

"Wow... For someone who look sophisticated, you sure have a potty mouth." A motorbike stopped in front of the bus lane, looking intently at Yongsun who is still panting hard trying to recover from the earlier run, "Agasshi, are you okay? You're bleeding."

.

.

.

(End of Chapter 3)