Bright

Y/N POV

I stare at the townhouse as my heart beats wildly in my chest. I don't really want to be here to deal with the weird tension with Scarlett and see her with Colin. But, I made a promise to Rose. I sigh and just as I'm about to start climbing the steps a voice startles me.

"You going in?" The soft voice asks and I turn to find the source.

I sigh and smile softly. "Hi Lizzie." I greet and she smiles brightly.

"Hi Y/N, how are you?" She asks before pulling me into a hug. It makes me heart calm down even though my stomach flips at the affection.

"I'm okay. How was your flight?" I ask and follow her lead as she starts to climb the steps.

"It was okay. I saw the articles." She informs me and I give her a confused look. "You have no clue what I'm talking about do you?" She asks and I shake my head. "There were a few articles speculating about you and Scarlett." She shares and I nod.

"Makes sense." I state simply.

"What do you mean?" She asks, tilting her head in confusion.

"Uh nothing. After you." I open the door after she presses the button and we get buzzed in. She smiles softly before stepping inside. She takes off her shoes before walking up the stairs into the main floor. I follow, not really knowing where to go and look around at the room full of people and kids.

"Come on." Lizzie directs and grabs my wrist to lead me over to the kitchen where we find a bunch of adults talking. I take in a sharp breath when my eyes land on Scarlett under Colins arm as she chats with someone. Lizzie lets go of my wrist as Scarlett looks over and heads towards her friend to pull her into a hug. I stand awkwardly not sure what to do with myself. I only really know Lizzie and Scarlett here. I kind of know Colin but I'd rather not talk to him.

A small body crashes into my leg and my attention shifts to the small child. I smile and bend to get on Rose's level. "Hi little bean." I greet quietly and hold my fist out. I thank the lord Rose found me. She's the only reason I'm even here.

"You came! You said you would and you did!" She exclaims then bumps my fist. She's too busy giggling in excitement to make her explosion noise and rushes forward to hug around my neck. I try to ignore the worried feeling I get. Do people usually promise her something then don't follow through with her?

"Of course, I came. I promised didn't I?" I remind her and she nods. "I got you this." I hold up the gift bag in my hand and she gasps.

"Mama? Can I open it now?" She asks and looks up to my side. I avoid looking over to the woman that I didn't even realize was near me, not really wanting to deal with the feelings I have about being around her right now.

"No baby, but you can put it with you other gifts." She directs to her daughter. Rose nods and I hand it to her before she runs off. I sigh and slowly stand up to face her. "Hi." She states softly as I avoid her gaze. She shifts forward but steps slightly back when I don't move. I notice the weird movement but choose to ignore it.

"Hi." I greet back.

"Who's this?" A raspy British accent interrupts and my eyes land on a tiny blonde that steps to Scar's side. Oh, Florence.

"This is Y/N." Scarlett introduces and I offer a smile.

"Lovely to meet you, Y/N. I'm Florence, but you can call me Flo." She greets and holds out her hand. I shake it easily and nod.

"It's nice to meet you too." I offer and she grins.

"So this is the Y/N from the coffee shop right?" She directs to Scarlett and I furrow my eyebrows as my eyes finally fall to her face. She purses her lips and nods simply. I feel a tiny hand slide to hold onto mine and I look down to Rose who starts to pull me away towards the living room. Thank god, being around Scarlett is so weird and uncomfortable right now.