Cupping

Y/N POV

Flo is on her way over to my place and I'm actually really excited. I haven't had a jam session with someone in a while. Maggie used to be my partner in crime but obviously that's not an option anymore. Flo is really talented too so I'm excited to play with her. I watch Otis play with one of his little toys as I wait for her and tune up my guitar. I grin when she buzzes in and get up to let her in. I open my door and wait as she climbs the stairs.

When she looks up and sees me she matches my smile. "Hi Flo." I greet.

"Hi Y/N." She returns and steps into my apartment when I step aside. I lock the door and turn to find her on the floor with Otis, cooing at my baby kitten. "This little guy is precious." She coos and I nod in agreement. I join her on the floor and watch as Otis falls in love with her. It seems like everyone can do it...so why can't I? I want to too. I want to go the logical way and she's really fun to be around. So I'm going to.

"So, Flossie, what jams are we going to be jamming to today?" I ask and she giggles cutely.

"You know about Flossie?" She asks as she turns her attention back to me.

"I do...she's very talented." I confirm and reach over to grab my guitar as I rest my back on the couch. Otis curls up in her lap and she continues to pet him as I play around with some chords. I hum random melodies and wait for a suggestion. I look up at her and quirk an eyebrow at her gaze trained on my fingers before her eyes snap up to mine.

"How about...Ho Hey?" she requests and I smile.

"Coming right up." I agree and start playing the chords I already know by heart. Her eyes light up when she realizes I know it and I nod to her to start singing. Goosebumps rise on my skin as I listen to her raspy tone once again.

I don't think you're right for him
(Hey) think of what it might've been if we
(Ho) took a bus to Chinatown
(Hey) I'd be standin' on Canal
(Ho) and Bowery
(Hey)
(Ho) she'd be standin' next to me
(Hey)

My gaze doesn't leave her face as she sings so passionately, her eyes closed in concentration as she plays with the melody.

I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart

I smile when she opens her eyes and she nods to me to start singing. I sing the bridge with her without a second thought and try not to think about the stare she has trained on me.

Love, we need it now
Let's hope for some
'Cause, oh, we're bleedin' out
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweet

We both smile as I strum the last chord and she giggles before speaking. "This is fun. I love music."

"Me too. I used to play all the time with my little sister Maggie." I share easily.

"Not anymore?" She asks and tilts her head in question like an absolute puppy.

"Uh no. She passed." I state simply.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know." She apologizes and shuffles closer.

"It's okay. I'm getting over it." I shrug and she hums in thought.

"What was a song you liked to play with her?" She asks and I think to myself for a few seconds.

"She loved the Beatles. So we would sing Imagine a lot." I share and start to fingerpick the song. She smiles lightly and I shift my gaze to my fingers so I don't mess up. I smile when she starts singing and focus on anything but how playing this song without Maggie is making me feel.