Chapter 6 - Bitchy and mannerless

S I E N N A

Blade rips off the sleeve of his dress shirt and ties it around his wounded arm, blowing out a breath of pain as he does it.

I fiddle with my fingers nervously not knowing the exact words to say that could calm down everyone's anger. It's my fault that Blade got shot. It's all my fault.

If I would have just listen to him sooner then this wouldn't have happen. This wouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

"This is all your damn fault." Franco says through clenched teeth as Blade plops down on his chair with a cigarette in between his lips. "Was it that hard for you to follow simple instructions? Didn't your dad teach you well? When you're in the freaking mafia, you put your hot headedness aside and follow simple instructions that could avoid failure and destruction. I knew the first time I set my eyes on you in that airport that you would be a force to reckon with."

My eyes immediately snaps to Franco's eyes that's burning with fury. Yeah, It was my fault that this happened and I don't mind making amends for it but when My parents are mentioned into matters like this, that's when the bitch inside of me swims to the surface.

"You don't get to talk to me like this or call my dad into this issue. It's my fault and I accept it but all this wouldn't have happen if you idiots didn't abduct me from the airport like I was an escaped convict or something." I accused with my hands on my hips, keeping my gaze locked on Franco's angry face.

"Just because you're daddy's spoilt little princess doesn't give you the fucking audacity to speak to us like that. You might be Blade's soon-to-be wife but that's not enough reason to act all bitchy and mannerless." He sneered, balling his hands into tight fist as he took a threatening step towards me.

"I don't give a flying fuck of what you think of me but when you say shit to me and mention my parents into matters like this, that's when you're gonna know just how bitchy I can be. Fucks like you don't faze me." I flip my hair and toss him a death glare.

"You little -"

"That's enough Franco." Blade booms in frustration and anger as he takes another drag of his cigarette. The glare on his face made Franco to take a step back and look away from me in guilt. "You don't get to talk to Sienna like that. Married or not, respect her the way you respect me. She might be at fault in some cases but that doesn't give you the green light to disrespect her. Next time, I won't tolerate this attitude from you, Franco."

Franco blows out a breath and nods his head before making his way over to Nico; who was seated on the couch and hadn't uttered a single word since we stepped into Blade's office.

I chew on my bottom lip and leaned on the bookcase next to me as my stomach growled in hunger. Other than the apple I ate on my ride to the airport, I hadn't eaten anything since I left my house and it's really starting to get to me.

Looking up to find three pairs of eyes on me, my cheeks heats up in embarrassment that I wrap my arms around my chest to appear small even though it was a pathetic attempt.

"Nico, take Sienna to the kitchen and have Matilde prepare something for her." Blade says, not taking his stormy grey eyes off me one bit making my nerves to act up in the most silliest way possible as he blows out a puff of smoke.

"Okay." Nico whispers as he rises up to his feet and walks towards the door, signaling for me to follow him.

"Call the doctor." I hear Blade mutter to Franco as I shut the door behind me and fall in steps with Nico.

The walk to the kitchen was filled with an uncomfortable silence that made me want to claw my eyes out. If this was going to be my new home, I should try to get along with everyone around here and try not to stir up trouble.

I take a deep calming breath and whispered. "I'm sorry for -"

"You don't have to apologize, Sienna. This wasn't entirely your fault." Nico flashes me a smile that warmed my heart and ease the guilt I felt. "And please do forgive Franco for his, um, outburst. He just doesn't know how to express his emotions in the right way."

"Nah, it's okay." I waved off with a smile of my own as we stepped into the kitchen.

"Niccolò." A petite woman with warm chocolate brown eyes and her strawberry blonde hair tied up into a messy bun beams at Nico as she walks up to us.

"Matilde." Nico smiles as she wraps her arms around his waist since he's alot taller than her. It was kind of funny and cute.

Nico's cheeks turns bright red when he notices my eyes on him that I had to resist the urge to laugh out loud.

She pulls away from the hug and turns to me with a radiant smile on her face. The warmth in her eyes and the motherly look on her face made my heart to melt. I think I'm starting to like this woman even though I just met her. She reminds me of my mother.

"Oh, and you must be Sienna." She says in a cheery voice and engulfs me into a tight but comforting embrace. "I've heard so much about you from Blade. How are you doing, cara?"

I couldn't stop the grin that spread out on my lips as she pulls away from the hug and stares up at me lovingly. "I'm fine, ma'am."

She chuckles and ignores Nico's embarrassed gaze. "That's nonsense, cara. Call me, Matilde."

"Okay, Matilde." Nico interrupts with a slight cough. "Blade wants you to prepare something for Sienna."

"Why didn't you say so, Niccolò?" Matilde glares at Nico who rubs the back of his neck nervously and directs her gaze back to me. "Come with me, cara. You must be starving."

She grabs my hand and leads me over to the dining table, the maids that we pass by flashes me a judgmental stare that I ignored even though it made me nervous. Being in a place filled with people that I'm not familiar with makes me super uncomfortable that I feel like I don't belong here even though it's true. Not like I plan on staying long or anything.

"Sit here, cara. I would be right back." She flashes one last smile my way and strides off.

"Don't mind Matilde. She can be a little extra." Nico mutters as he takes a seat opposite me.

I roll my eyes at him. "She's just being sweet."

"Yeah but she can be alot embarrassing." Nico mumbles, his cheeks turning the shade of red that I had to resist the urge to pinch them.

"Eat up, dear." Matilde returns with a tray full of delicious food that my mouth instantly watered as the sweet scent hit my nostrils. "I hope you like my buttermilk pancakes."

Is she kidding me right now? The scent alone is divine that all I could do was nod before taking a forkful of the pancakes into my mouth.

"I can never get tired of your cooking, Matilde." Nico moans in delight as he devours the pancakes like a wild animal.

Matilde slaps him at the back of the head and scolds him. "Take it easy Niccolò before you choke."

I chuckle, ignoring the playful glare he flashed at me as I take another forkful of the delicious pancakes.

~•~

Thoughts?

I'm so sorry if the chapter turned out to be awful. I've been busy a lot today and I just kind of rushed it but I hope you loved it despite that.

Question of the chapter; Ever been to a place were you get that feeling that you don't belong there?

Me: Alot of times.

Don't forget to;

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Xoxo, Jana.

Make sure you follow me on Instagram; Jana-writes64.

Love you all❤