Chapter 60 - Men will be men

S I E N N A

I dial Chiara's number and chew on my lower lip as the ringing tone reaches my ears.

The longer it rings without an answer, the more my heart becomes restless and my anxiety hits me with full force because I know how heartbroken she must feel knowing about Manuelle's relationship with Camilla.

"Hello." She finally picks up the call, her cheery voice filling my ears that I didn't register the sigh of relief that escape my lips. "Shit. Don't tell me you just had sex with the freaking devil bitch."

I wipe the tear that rolls down my cheek at just hearing her voice again. It's been so long. "No I didn't."

"Then what got you so worked up, Chica?" The concern in her tone becomes more evident the longer I remain silent, thinking of the exact words to say to her.

I expected her voice to be hoarse from the tears not filled with excitement but I guess she must be handling it well than I thought.

"Um, How are you feeling?" I whisper, pulling the comforter over my body and rest my back on the headboard to get more comfortable.

"I'm good now that I've heard from you, Chica." She tells me, a couple of footsteps and sound of gunshots resounding in the background.

She seems to be at the shooting range.

"I'm so sorry for not calling you or sending you a text. I've just been preoccupied with, well, a lot of things." I mumble.

"Like having sex with Blade?" The smirk in her tone wasn't that hard to notice. I slap my hand on my forehead as the blush creeps up to my cheeks.

"Oh, shut up!" I grumble and her laughter fills my ears. I swallow hard, finally recalling the actual reason I called her. "Did you know that Manuelle is dating someone??"

Silence falls.

She doesn't say anything but what assures me that she's still on the line is her soft breath.

"Chiara I –"

"Nah, it's okay." She whispers. "Manuelle told me. Besides, we tried dating but it didn't really work out like I thought it would."

"Oh." Is all I can say at the sudden realization of my reaction towards Camilla and Manuelle. I might have over exaggerated a little.

Chiara chuckles. "My feelings for him isn't completely gone. I'm just happy that he found someone he truly loves."

I sigh and decide to change the subject so her mind won't dwell on it too much.

We talk for another 20mins, asking about random things until we finally exchange goodbyes and I hung up.

Dropping my phone on the nightstand, I stride out of my room and try to come up with words to say to Camilla.

I wonder how she's feeling.

I come to a halt in front of her room and knock several times on the door but I'm met with silence at the other side.

Maybe she's in the kitchen.

That girl likes to eat.

I chuckle at the thought and begin to make my way downstairs, my blonde hair bouncing on my shoulders at the slight movement.