Chapter 40 - In trouble

S I E N N A

Before I can register his movement, Blade delivers an uppercut on the guy's chin that he staggers back and lets out a grunt of pain from the impact.

"What the fuck man!!??" Federico growls and wipes off the trail of blood that's dripping down his jaw.

Gasps of surprise echoes through the crowd as Blade grabs him by the collar of his shirt and whispers in a deadly tone.

"You touch her again and I'm going to cut your throat out, got it?"

I stay frozen to the spot, not able to wrap my head around the scene that's playing out right in front of me as Cam sashays over to my direction and wraps an arm around my shoulders, the frightened look on her face wasn't that hard to miss. Clearly we are both in trouble after this.

Federico trembles in fear and slowly mutters. "I'm so sorry man. I didn't know she was your woman. I swear, it won't happen again."

A wicked smirk crosses Blade's lips as he kneads him in the dick and drops his body like a sack of potatoes to the floor.

Blade pulls out a cigarette from his pocket, lits it up and brings it to his lips. He blows out a puff of smoke and turns to us with a menacing glare on his face before making his way out of the club.

We both swallow hard and begin to follow behind him towards the entrance of the club and into the cold night air. Tugging my jacket closer to my body, I watch as Blade enters into the driver's seat and impatiently drums his fingers against the steering wheel.

Cam and I both scramble into the backseat without a word as he turns on the engine of his SUV and pulls out from the curb.

The ride back to the mansion is filled with uncomfortable silence. The tension in the air is thick and it makes my skin crawl. Blade keeps his gaze glued to the road ahead of us as he clenches and unclenches his fist. The strings of curses he mutters angrily in Italian makes it hard for me to breathe freely that I fiddle anxiously with my fingers.

Cam brushes her hands repeatedly on her denim jeans, her brown curls bounces on her shoulders as she stares out the window, ignoring the buzzing sound that her phone makes.

I prop my elbows against the window and rest my cheek on my palm. The cloud suddenly becomes dark as the slight patter of rain lightly hits the glass, the thunder that booms in the night sky adds to the tension in the car as Blade drives in through the open gate.

As he parks and turns of the engine, Cam and I both rush out of the backseat and walk towards the front door. I brush away the rain that drops on my cheek and step into the house to meet Franco and Nico, pacing back and forth with worried looks on their faces.

"Where have you guys been?" Nico pulls us both into a tight hug as Blade shuts the door, the sound that echoes makes us to snap our head to his direction.

"Explain yourselves." Blade barks.

I tense up at the anger and irritation in his voice as Nico pulls away from us and takes a few steps back.

"Well," Cam begins with a nervous laugh as Blade crosses his arms against his chest, the menacing glare on his face is still present. "We, um, got bored and decided to, you know, go for a stroll but ended up in the club to have fun."