Chapter 48 - Livid

B L A D E

I replay the scene over and over again in my head.

The rage that consumes me physically, emotionally and mentally is nothing compared to the whirlwind of emotions that drives me over the freaking edge.

I can't really explain the feeling but it felt like someone ripped out my heart from my chest and ran over it with a truck.

When her frightened eyes met mine, I couldn't move, talk or think straight. It's like every organs in my body froze and only my eyes was the only damn thing that witnessed it all.

My body is on fire.

My heart is on fire.

My sanity has departed from me.

My fingers are itching for blood.

I'm angry is an understatement. I'm fucking livid.

If it wasn't for the little self control I have left, I would have burn that hotel to the fucking ground until it's nothing but a pile of rubble.

My head pounds harshly and my entire body tingles with the amount of adrenaline that courses through my veins.

I'm fucking fired up to end some lives.

I slowly swing the door open to her bedroom and walk inside. My ribs tighten and my heart aches just by staring at her sleeping figure on the bed.

Her chest rises and fall from the air that she constantly takes in but the slight whine that she releases makes it difficult to control the rage that's burning inside of me.

She's in pain.

It's fucking writing all over her face.

I don't like seeing her in pain. I don't know how to explain it but I feel weak the longer I stare at her pain filled face.

She turns to move to the other side of the bed but stops and lets out a slight gasp that sent my heart jumping out of my chest.

Sienna doesn't wake up but continues to sleep.

The dried tears on her cheek tells me that she cried herself to sleep.

How I wish I can take the pain that she's feeling.

How I fucking wish I can ease away her discomfort.

Why the fuck am I feeling this way towards her? It sure as hell isn't sex. It's something different. I don't think I've felt this way before.

I swallow back the lump building up in my throat and smoothen the crease on her forehead with my fingers. She's warm.

I hope that goddamn doctor knows exactly what he's doing when he said she's okay and it's totally normal if she's warm. It's not a fever.

She lets out another whine and a tear rolls down her cheek. I bite back the growl that's threatening to escape and sit next to her on the bed.

I take her warm hands in mine and begin to fiddle with her fingers. An action that relieves my stress and calms me down.

My eyes travels around her face and that's when I notice the beads of sweat that gathers on her forehead. It seems to make her uncomfortable and it soaks her shirt.

I bite down on my bottom lip for what I'm about to do because I know it will hurt.

I quickly rush over to my room and ransack my closet, tossing the pile of clothes on the floor until my eyes lands on my black T-shirt. I basically run back over to her and place the shirt on the bed.