Chapter 50 - Worth it

S I E N N A

After Blade blurted out that heart fluttering word, he carried me up to my room bridal style and places me on the huge bed, ignoring my protest to be left alone.

I wasn't allowed to step of the room until my shoulder heals which is total bullshit if you ask me.

And since I was gonna be stuck here, Blade – a bit reluctant – surprisingly handed my phone back to me with a frown on his face and quickly left my room when he got a call.

I turned on the phone that hasn't been touched for awhile and slightly winced when it buzzed with a bunch of notifications from my social medias, my gmail, a couple of missed calls and voicemail.

The door swings open to reveal Blade with a laptop tucked under his arm and a few files in his grip. He sits by the desk I haven't used in a while because of my lack of device and begins to type on his keyboard.

My eyes dart back to the phone in my hand which hasn't stopped buzzing yet. I reply to a few emails and sent a short text to the missed voicemail.

I squint at the screen when a message pops up from an unknown number. Rolling my bottom lip into my mouth, I tap the message and swallowed hard at the words displayed on the screen.

Unknown number: Your time's ticking.

Who the hell is sending me death threats?

I chew harder on my lip when another message pops up from the same number with a winking face emoji at the end of the texts.

Unknown number: Watch your back at all times. Life's too short;)

My heart rate speeds up at the thought of someone wanting me dead.

With shaky thumbs, I try to call the number but it doesn't exist.

What the freaking fuck?

"Is something wrong?" Blade's voice pull me out of my thought that I let out a startled sigh at his dark tone.

I take a minute to calm down my nerves and flash him a tight lipped smile that he frowned disapprovingly at. "No. Nothing's wrong." I lie.

"You sure about that, bambola?" He asks, fingers tapping lazily on the keyboard with his hard glare directed at me. I nod my head– a little too vigorously that it seems unbelievable. Why the hell am I lying to him?

"You know very well that I hate lies, baby doll. You don't want to know what happens when I find out you aren't being truthful to me." He states, the darkness in his tone sends chills down my spine. I nod my head again without uttering a single word. "I'm gonna ask again– Is something wrong?"

I avoid his gaze and stared at the phone in my hand, debating whether I should tell him the truth or not. I mean, it isn't a big deal right? For all we know, the person could have made a mistake and if it so happens that it appears to be me, I can handle it by myself.

"Nothing's wrong, Blade. I'm fine." I tell him, more sterner this time and he leans back on the chair. His calculating gaze roams my face for a bit before he turns back to his laptop.

I let out a huge breath and scrolled through the emails that I ignored, not bothering to reply to the weird message or delete it.