1: King Zagreus

Midnight missed her.

There was something about eating breakfast inside the golden gazebo with the princess, Tatiana, his fiancée, that made him want to squeeze dry all the living plants that surrounded them until every single piece was rotten and dead.

Tatiana's hair was gold, bright silky yellow curls that flowed flawlessly until her hips— they were not the pale color of a rose. Tatiana's eyes were two golden coins, not pink. Tatiana's movements were dainty, too precise, and too angled, as if the angel was doing her best to look perfect and pretty. For the record, she was a natural. Midnight would give her that.

She was nice and sweet and beautiful and angelic but she wasn't her.

She wasn't his witch, his dragon, his queen.

She wasn't Sahar.

And the Devil knew how much he missed her.

He wasn't supposed to miss someone but he just fucking missed her.

Damn.

"Does Daetron gets his herbals in this garden?" That voice. That sweet, sweet, sweet honey-like voice. He wondered how many had fallen in love with it. "Nakakatuwa ang batang iyon"

Walang makikitang emosyon sa pagmumukha ni Midnight ng bigyan niya ng tingin ang anghel na nakaupo sakanyang harapan. Ngitian siya ni Tatiana sabay mahinhin itong sumimsim sakanyang tsaa.

He assessed her. Bored with his food. He was aware that angels were the exact opposites of them. They were the right. The role models. The good. They have this certain rules they needed to follow by heart and by soul, commandments that were specifically made by their gods and goddesses. They weren't allowed to sin or they will be punished by the Divine Power.

Midnight wasn't judging their ways but he had a nickname for them.

Hypocrites.

They were supposed to be the good but they implement punishments for every sin. They were supposed to be the symbol of peace but they have their own army of angels ready to kill for the sake of salvation. They spoke about kindness as though it could save the world but what they were really doing was to throw pretty lies to hide the ugly truths of reality.

A shame.

And funny, because the opinion was passed down to him by his mom.

Hinalo halo ni Midnight ang pinatimpla niyang hot choco, hindi tinatanggal ang tingin sa anghel. "The palace has 7 gardens. Day has access to 6 of them"

"The seventh?"

"It's not mine to permit the kid"

A raise of her brows. "Oh? But the king is supposed to own everything"

Midnight cocked his head, Tatiana innocently blinked at him, "It was mine"

"Pardon my prying, King Zagreus," Tatiana let out an elegant chuckle, "was?"

"Binigay ko" diretsong sagot ni Midnight. A small grin touched his lips upon the memory, contradicting the sudden stillness of Tatiana's shoulders. "Iba na ang may-ari ng ika-pitong hardin"

May kung anong emosyon ang dumaan sa mga mata ng anghel ngunit hindi ito pinansin ni Midnight. Wala siyang pakialam. He already forced himself to this breakfast when he had more important things to attend to. Though, pleasing Tatiana was needed in order for his plans to work so he needed every strength in him to hold back and act as gentlemanly as possible. If his fiancée wanted to have breakfast with him inside a golden-touched gazebo and discuss their holy matrimony, so be it.