6: Thorns and Roses

"You have the forbidden weapon all along?" Hindi ko makapaniwalang tanong kay Midnight pagkauwi namin sa Severus. "Ikaw ang nag nakaw sa armas nila?" 

The whole negotiating plan with the Siren Queen went well for Midnight. For someone who always had the talent with words, Midnight didn't look at all exhausted bending the Siren Queen in his will. She might have had her own plan and chose to act along with Midnight. But this was Midnight we were talking about. Even if you thought you were one step ahead of him, Midnight would always have the last laugh. 

Kasalukuyan hinuhubad ngayon ni Midnight ang kanyang itim na coat, nilingon niya ako at pinagpatuloy ang ginagawa ng walang lumalabas sakanyang bibig. 

When he teleported us back to the palace, he wasn't with us in the office. Kaya napagtanto kong dumiretso siya sakanyang kwarto. Hindi ko man lang kinailangang kumatok sakanyang pintuan at automatiko itong bumukas para saakin. Na para bang inaasahan 'rin ni Midnight ang dating ko. 

Pinagtaasan ko siya ng kilay ng hindi niya ako sagutin. 

He had the confidence to smile at me while undressing. And I couldn't believe such idle tactic could harden my nipples just like that. "This is nice" 

"Ano?" Nalilito kong tanong. 

"You chasing after me" Maayos niyang tiniklop ang kanyang coat sabay lagay nito sa armrest ng kanyang upuan. He was left with his vest and dress shirt, folding the sleeves up to his elbows, "Seeking for me. Hungry for me. It's adorable and sexy, love" 

The urge to strangle him was strong. I crossed my arms as I watched him approach the table where a bottle of wine was placed. "Seeking for answers," I corrected him with great conviction, "Hungry for answers

"Lovely," He poured himself a glass and gestured to his head, "Your brain is lovely. Wine?" 

Minsan talaga hindi ko na alam kung paano ko kakausapin si Midnight. What goes inside his head, I could never predict. Dangerous even when he wasn't trying to be one. "Sagutin mo muna tanong ko?" 

The quiet collision of liquid and glass reached my ears, and saw him pour wine into the second glass goblet. He picked both goblets up, walked in my direction, and handed me one without breaking eye contact. "Remember the White Witch they captured?" 

Tumango ako sabay simsim sa alak. 

Midnight followed, a lush kind of emotion gleamed at his dead eyes. "She works for me" 

I managed not to look so surprised and kept it casual. "A spy?" 

"Spy," He said, voice deep and husky. "But she also works for the Emperor" 

Kamuntikan ko ng ibuga ang iniinom kong alak. Midnight watched me all along with a look that told me he was carefully assessing my reactions. On guard. He had always been on guard and vigilant regardless of who and what you were in his life. The respect I have for him seemed to grow higher for it. Such cunning king. Such wonderful political personality. 

Learn, Sahar. 

Learn from the best. 

Binaba ko ang hawak hawak kong baso. Masyadong malapit si Midnight saakin ngunit hindi ko pwedeng ipakita sakanya na problema ito sa parte ko. I shouldn't let him affect me. Kahit pa'y may posibilidad na marinig niya ang malakas na pagtibok ng aking puso. Kasi ganoon 'rin ang nangyayare sakanya. I could hear it. His heartbeat in rhythm with mine. 

"I can already guess it," I found my voice back, still fully aware of Midnight's gaze on me. "Ang Emperor ang nag-utos na nakawin ang armas. Sinabi sayo ang plano nung mangkukulam. So instead of giving the forbidden weapon to the Emperor, she gave it to you"