33: Dhar

Halos magulantang kaming lahat sa ginawa ni Midnight kay Tartarus. Ni hindi na nakagawa ng ingay si Tartarus sa sobrang bilis kumilos ni Midnight. Hindi pa nga kaming nakakahinga ng maayos dahil sa nangyare kanina, may panibagong rason nanaman kami para hindi huminga. Automatiko kaming lumayo ni Radu para hindi kami sumunod. Mula sa 'di kalayuan, narinig namin ang tili ni Kaimana.

Tartarus was doing his best to squirm away from Midnight's hold, but the more he resisted, the more motivated Midnight was into torturing him. Out of the corner of my eyes, Radu turned away as though he hadn't any plan to stop this while Kaimana did the same. Naguguluhan akong lumingon lingon sa gawi nila.  Wala silang planong tulungan si Tartarus?

Were they trying to tell me to act as though I wasn't witnessing this very moment? Or were they trying to give me a go signal to try and stop Midnight?

Nang marinig naming lahat ang nakakaawang ungol ni Tartarus ay kusa ng gumalaw ang katawan ko. Wala akong kaide-ideya kung paano ko papakalmahin si Midnight pero bahala na. At once, I have noticed areas on his body where black inks were supposed to be present. The impact of the teleportation might have affected him more than we have expected, which was good.

I dropped onto my knees right in front of Midnight, just above Tartarus's head. A little challenging to keep myself balanced since the ground had broken into pieces in a shape of a vast spiderweb. Simultaneously, the Demon King snapped his attention at me. The golden magic circles gradually rotated in his eyes, gleaming, and for a moment there, I was entranced by them. Gold on red. A color combination I never thought would look dangerously beautiful on him. When I looked close enough, only then did I recognize the same patterns it had on his body. Inside the magic circle was the old language.

Exhilarating.

These heal him, right? 

"Midnight," Even though the look in his eyes was the deadliest right now, I did my best not to turn away from them. "Let him go. It's all good now"

He stared.

As though I was the one who couldn't speak his language.

But at least he did not go for an attack.

Feeling the loud pound of my heart inside my chest, I carefully, so slowly reached for his hand. The hand he was using to tackle Tartarus down. Aware that he could smell my emotions right now. "Remember me? Si Sahar 'to---"

Using his free hand, He snatched mine by the wrist even before I could touch him. It took me most of my self-control not to flinch from the contact because I didn't want him to think I feared him.

"Midnight," I said, with more power in my tone now. His grip around my wrist tightened, tightened, tightened. The pain struck. I steadied my gaze on him. "Midnight"

My heart was in my throat when I figured he was going to break my hand---

"Love"

He stopped.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding until now. Lumunok ako ng laway. Ganoon lang pala.

"Love?" I chewed on my bottom lip, waiting for a reaction from him. Midnight's grip loosened and I felt like celebrating the little achievement I made. Who knew I could calm a person down when I was a veteran in provoking them all the time?

Midnight tilted his head. This wasn't the perfect time to appreciate the way he looked but Simphia, he looked cute.

Too cute, I might have blushed. I wasn't sure.

I cleared my throat.  "It's me. Sahar"

"... Sahar?" I swore his voice was as deep as the ocean. 

Tumango tango ako. "Sahar" I pointed to myself.