24: Their Arrival

Midnight stared at his reflection in the water, trapped in his mind once again. The Waters of Uriel was a private bathing pool meant for the royalties to use. It was a vast room that glinted with white pearls and columns with a mix of gold linings along every edge. He was here for two reasons: to think and; to have alone time for himself. No one would use the pool if they knew he was using it. An advantage he'd wanted to exploit ever since.

He splashed water onto his hair and ruffled them lazily, as though nothing was heavier right now than his hands. Dead eyes staring. Too much. There was too much happening inside his head.

These past weeks drained him to the bone and he didn't have his own training room to release his stress. He needed to get along with the angels as much as he needed to hold onto his patience.

They have been talking. Him and Tatiana. Everything was all settled. The preparations for the holy matrimony had their final touches, no longer accepting any changes. Happening at sunrise of the new sun, the wedding would commence at the Holy Cathedral of Ramuel. 2 days left.

2 days.

Ang bilis nga naman ng panahon, oo.

Buti na lang at nagawa na nilang pirmahan ang papeles. A deal not only spoken with words but bound into an eternal bargain with the dealers' signatures. If either refused to fulfill the said agreement, punishments would follow. Unless the other side granted an amnesty to revoke.

Midnight rested his head at the edge of the pool. Under the water, where his hand rested, he began pulling the power of his blood. Sensation pulsated in his chest down his arms. The side of his head throbbed. Something clicked inside, like a lock opening. He didn't need to look down to see something was solidifying underneath. He just needed to feel. To sense. Every now and then he played with his magic to kill time. Made objects with his own blood. War was now knocking at their doors. Sooner or later, the biggest wave would come crashing hard against them.

He had never felt so anxious in a war before. Only this time.

Time was ticking.

In the water, he made an arrow. It didn't take much time before he turned it into another object: a dagger. Then he turned it into a rose. A miniature tree. A cube. A clock. A horse.

Damn, he was bored.

Nang magsawa siya sa ginagawa ay tuluyan na niyang nilubog ang sarili sa tubig. Mga ilang segundo 'rin ang lumipas bago siya umahon para mag punas ng buong katawan.

Nasa kalagitnaan na siya ng pagbibihis ng may kumatok. "Your Majesty, your Pack has now arrived. King Inias and Princess Tatiana are on their way to greet them in the throne room. They are now asking for your presence beside them"

It might not look like it but Midnight's whole mood turned bright at the mention of their arrival. Tinanguan lamang niya ang anghel at automatiko itong umalis. Hindi kaagad siya nagsayang ng oras at tinapos na ang pag-aayos sa sarili. Living in an environment unknown to him made him realize his palace, in spite of its chaotic atmosphere due to the Pack's stubbornness, was better than this quiet, holy, unlively place. At least back at the palace, he was never bored.

Nag dalawang isip pa siya kung mag teteleport na lang siya sa throne room ngunit ayaw naman niyang mapaghalataan na excited. He took the dagger under his pillow, played with it a little until he decided he'd walk his way to the throne room. Sheathing the dagger into the straps under his coat, Midnight began his walk.

He pulled the thread through the Pack's bond to alert them of his coming.

King Inias was in the middle of laughing when the sound halted from his arrival. As the huge white golden doors opened, all heads turned to look at him enter the throne room. Walking gave him a more dramatic entrance, he should have just teleported. But all these concerns vanished like water evaporating into thin air when he finally laid eyes on his queen.