49: The Gathering

If we were any minute or even a second late, I wouldn't have imagined what would greet us by then. Nung mga oras na nakita kong lumubog ang barko namin ay hindi kaagad ako nagdalawang isip na sumugod pababa para umatake. I breathed out light and it burned the targets. Roon ko lang 'rin napansin na sumunod ang ibang dragon sa ginawa ko.

We hovered above the enemies' ships as a warning, no hesitations ever occurred as we all retracted our mouths to attack. My light beamed at first before it created fire, and then began the screams and despair.

The warriors began running in every direction. Hindi na nila alam kung ano ang gagawin nila. Habang yung iba ay sinikap na umatake, yung iba ay napilitang tumalon sa dagat para iwasan ang aming mga apoy. It was a pathetic act. A desperate attempt to survive. Water wouldn't stop us from burning them. It only made us want to torture them more. The dragons behind me let out a deafening howl that might have scared the enemies more. Their attacks began to spread with no exact direction and power, only they wanted to make sure we got hit by them.

Arrows, energy based attacks, thunders—- they've used them all. Ngunit masyado kaming marami at malaki para sakanila.

Lumubog ako para mas lalo silang matakot. Lumakas ang kanilang mga sigaw saaking pandinig at nagsitakbuhan silang lahat ng makita ako. As a dragon of small sized, I was able to land on their ship's deck to create another kind of havoc. The ship rocked due to my landing and the enemies' movements turned panicked and idiotic. Sa kaloob looban ko ay napangisi ako sa napapanood.

Orders were issued. Both from each side. Superiority had always been a nice feeling but this—- this. Arriving to help, inflicting pain, mass murdering—- this feels exquisite.

Metal and purple armor clouded my vision as they stood in position to administer an attack. They were in formation that shouted of defense and offense, yet the advantage of being ten times their size was that it was easier to read the incoming attack from my perspective.

Sumigaw ang isa sakanila. Their leader, perhaps. At sinimulan nila akong paulanan ng iba't ibang klaseng atake. Mostly arrows, only a few were using magic to put me down but their attacks did hurt me the most compared to the other warriors I needed to move and avoid them if I didn't want any temporary damage on me. I bellowed. Loud and vexed. More shoutings occurred before I finally decided to swing my left wing and hit something. My tail followed not so long after. I felt cold metals on my scales before they all went flying away. I bellowed again. Louder. Angrier. I breathed out light to ignite fire and fear. I repeated the routine until the ship was completely destroyed and sunk.

Only then did I hear Arius's call from above. Pagtingin ko sa itaas ay nakita ko siyang lumilipad sa 'di kalayuan. A head popped out from his back and I squinted my eyes to get a clearer view of the man riding my familiar's neck.

The man wasn't that enthusiastic when he brought a hand up to give me a wave. In fact, it was shaking.

May kung anong tinik ang nawala sa dibdib ko ng makita ko si Prince Caleb iyon. Sinubukan niyang ngumiti sa direksyon ko pero masyado siyang maputla at matamlay para kumbinsihin akong okay siya.

Agad ko silang pinuntahan ngunit bago iyon ay sinigurado kong pinagmasdan ko muna ang buong paligid.

Hindi nakawala sa paningin ko ang walang malay na Eliseo. The former dragon king must have been fighting for a while now for him to lose like this. The platform below him, which was made of thick ice was getting him from drowning. Francis was quick to come to his side. Hindi na iyon kataka-taka, considering the fact he had only agreed to this deal for his father.

Hinanap 'rin ng aking mata sina Radu at Kaimana ngunit hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko parin sila nakikita o napapansin man lang. I'd doubt Kaimana would drown, but the impossible could always turn the events around. Radu--- I have not a single idea where he could possibly be and that frustrated me.