4: Punishments

I wasn't any good of a fighter if the enemy was Midnight. Even though I've had my training with him for a short amount of time it was still hard to read his movements. All it took for him was to maneuvered my hand away in his face with the swiftest motion before yanking my foot underneath me, and there, the continuous falling of me went on and on and on until the metallic taste of blood was on my mouth and the beads of sweat didn't stop from rolling down. 

The aggressive shouts of the audience filled my ears and I wasn't sure if they were cheering because of the fight or because they were seeing too much of my legs whenever I fell and hit the ground. Or was it because of the bounce of my breasts? Or was it because they were having fun checking me out while I tried to land a single punch on the Demon King? 

"Come on, love. Hit me" His taunting was sure working for someone who'd been daydreaming to gut his throat over and over again. 

Pinunasan ko ang sabog kong labi sabay ngisi ng malawak. Hinihiningal na ako kahit wala pang sampong minuto ang lumilipas. The Pack's coarsed voices overpowered the rest of the warrior's shouts as they yelled words I couldn't even comprehend in my situation right now. Too many voices but my attention was only directed to the demon in front of me. 

I lunged. Eager to get a taste of his blood. Impatient but anxious enough to strike. Just as when he was about to block my attack again, I clamped my hands down his shoulders and used them to carry my body up--- the shoutings turned unbearable to the ears--- and I twisted my body as soon as possible, hooking my legs around his neck and tumbling back---- 

Midnight firmed his hold around my ankle and didn't let go. 

Instead of me throwing him, he unashamedly turned the tables around by finding his balance back and throwing me to the audience.

Pain electrified my body and I let out a groan. There were hands everywhere, touching me, helping me to get back on my feet. 

Midnight sneered at them. Every hand pulled back. I lost my balance and stumbled down. Head throbbing. Vision blurring. Well, fuck. 

"Stand up, Sahar" 

I spat blood on the ground near his feet. "Gago" 

He crouched. Resting his forearms on his parted legs. Face filled with that type of arrogance the demons could only make. "Pagod ka na?" 

Inalog ko ang ulo ko para mahimasmasan ako ng kaunti. I braced my hands on the cold floor to keep my upper body from falling. "Nangangasar ka?" 

As if my words hit a sensitive part, his facial expression gentled, "Tigil na tayo, kung iyon ang gusto mo" 

Umiling iling ako, "Don't hold back" 

"I'm not. You know I'm not" 

My hands balled. My pride was the only thing keeping me from backing out. Could he at least act as though he doesn't give a damn about me? I needed him to give me all the reasons why I shouldn't expect anything from a demon like him. "Kaya ko pa" 

Tinitigan ako ni Midnight. Sa malambing na boses, tinanong niya ako, "Galit ka pa ba saakin?" 

Sa lahat ng oras na pwede niya yan tanungin, ngayon pa. Masama ko siyang tinignan. "Oo" 

Kumurap siya ng isang beses sabay kamot sakanyang batok. "Mag-usap tayo" 

"Ano satingin mo ang ginagawa natin ngayon?" 

"Not like this," He said, "Just the two of us. No fists involve. Ayokong nagagalit ka" 

Him and his cunning tongue. 

Mas lalong pumanget ang ekspresyon sa pagmumukha ko. Kahit gusto kong masolo siya ng mga ilang minuto, may kung anong parte saakin ang umaayaw. "I'm not going to talk privately with someone who has a fiancee"