35: Him and Her

Midnight was not alone when he cleaned the blood off of his body with a piece of cloth he took for himself when they gave Sahar and Tobias the privacy they asked for. The cloth might have been to cover Tobias's body but it didn't matter, the soul eater wouldn't need it anymore. Midnight was covered with gore and being dirty was one way to trigger his sour mood. He needed a bath. He needed at least a river to wash himself. But in his situation right now, he wasn't going to waste time being hygienic. He could only do the bare minimum and wipe the gore away. 

Sitting legs apart on top of a boulder, Midnight started folding the cloth with steady hands. "Dhar pangalan mo?" Walang gana niyang tanong sa Reaper, na ngayon ay nakatayo lamang ng tahimik sa likuran ng bato. Hindi niya ito nilingon at pinagpatuloy ang pagtitiklop ng maige sa tela. "Anong ginawa sa mukha mo?"

The vampire who was standing on the boulder next to his stifled a laugh. Radu must have found it funny his king was being straightforward the question sounded rather hilarious than insensitive. Kaimana was the one who did the smacking, it didn't take a second for Radu to shut up. Midnight didn't mind them and handed out the cloth to Vlad who reached out a hand the moment he finished folding.

"Nasunog daw" Pagbabasa ni Radu sa sinulat ni Dhar. "Nahihiya na 'daw siyang ipakita ang mukha dahil sa malaking peklat na nakuha niya mula sa sunog"

"That must have hurt. A lot" Kaimana commented.

Fire.

Always the danger.

Midnight needed a second to breathe. Every bone in his body was exhausted and in pain. Speaking already took a toll on him but he needed to speak to keep his mind from drowning. Unfortunately, the pain wasn't only physical.

"We have someone who could fix your scar" He then stared in front, at nothing in particular. There was only the vast green field and the sky. He wasn't sure how far he walked but the goal was to avoid the temptation of eavesdropping. The last thing he wanted was to anger Sahar again. He had seen enough pain in her eyes for today, to see it again was to ignite fury in his veins and—- consequences be damned. "But I won't help you"

Hinintay niyang magsalita uli si Radu para sabihin sakanya kung ano ang isinulat nung Dhar. They were delayed for at least 10 seconds. 'Roon lamang nagsalita si Radu.

"Wala siyang sinulat" ika ng bampira sakanya. "Tinatakot mo kasi kamahalan"

Narinig niyang humagikgik si Kaimana.

"You raided my kingdom with your dead army" Malalim na tugon niya sa Reaper. "Satingin mo talaga tutulungan kita? I don't care if you have been told to do it, you still did it. It's my people who suffered because of your power" Midnight just wanted to talk and talk and talk because if he stopped, if he chose silence over confrontation, he'd find himself getting lost in his thoughts once again. "The only reason I didn't use my magic against you is because of Sahar. I don't owe you anything"

"Ayan na, nagsusulat na siya" Mula sa gilid ng kanyang mata, nakita niyang umabante ng kaunti si Radu para mas makita ang sinusulat. "Nako, medyo mahaba haba ito, kamahalan"

Nakatayo sa tabi ng kanyang bato, pinasiklop ni Vlad ang kanyang mga daliri sa likod at tahimik na pinagmasdan ang nangyayare ngayon. 

The other members of his Pack weren't present right now but he'd ask about that later.

"Ang sabi ni Dhar: I am not going to run away from my sins. I have been forced to do things I didn't want to do but didn't have the courage to say no. What I did to His Majesty's people, I will face any consequences you will give. But please know I killed no demon with my dead army. I have only pushed your forces back, to give time for the Emperor just as he wanted. Apologizing right now would not change the past. For sparing my life, and for getting me out of the Emperor's hold, I owe you my life, Your Majesty" Radu finished and heard him gasp after, as though reading took much of his air. He should have taken his time breathing when he read. "Matanong ko lang Dhar ah, hindi ka ba marunong magtagalog?"