20: Back

The next day, early in the morning, the Pack had woken up in time to see our beloved Demon King and Princess Tatiana off. Hindi na nga ako natulog pa muli sa dahilan na hindi na namin namalayan ni Midnight na umaga na pala. We were too busy cooking and eating that we only stopped when we saw light was already passing through the windows, outlining some areas of the kitchen.

Midnight had flicked my forehead then, threatening me that if I didn't see him off he'd do something that would require his tongue and teeth and mouth, and maybe even that. Tempting but I'd rather not give myself any more reason to expect.

He was aware just how badly I needed him pressed against my skin and I knew he felt the same way. I have been satisfying myself in my own ways at some nights, or if I ever had the time, but using the word satisfying was underwhelming to begin with. I needed the real thing. Him. Midnight.

But we both knew ever since we came back here, a line was drawn between us. Unless there was some miracle and all this matrimony with an angel was a hoax, maybe— just maybe Midnight and I could continue what we halted.

Might as well marry someone who would be willing to give their all to you rather than someone who could only offer half of their heart.

"Queen Sahar, it was my most pleasure to meet you. You have my appreciation for treating me with kindness, Your Majesty" Tatiana in front curtsied so deeply I wondered if she didn't strain her ankles for it. "We will see each other again very soon"

Kaimana beside me tapped my shoulders twice, leaning in to whisper something, "Baka buntis na yan pag bisita natin don sakanila"

I wasn't expecting that possibility at all and it made my stomach churn.

Si Killian naman ang sumunod sa pagtapik ng balikat ko. "It's our tradition not to have sex until marriage. Relax"

"Balita ko, hinihingan na ng hari ng mga anghel ng apo 'tong sina Zagreus at Princess Tatiana?" Radu joined the conversation.

Na dinugtungan naman kaagad ni Arius, "Nako, mukhang putukan kaagad pagkatapos ng kasal ah"

"Pito pa naman kailangan ni Zagreus" Tartarus said, "That's a royal agreement in Severus, share ko lang. Para pampalit sa Seven Deadly Sins kapag patay na silang lahat"

"Stop teasing our witch" Vlad's voice was neutral, monotoned. "As a queen, you're also obligated to have heirs, Sahar. You have your mate. Use him"

"Or," Day beamed me a wolfish smile from his spot beside Vlad. "Pakasalan mo na lang si Cayden. That will give you a lot of benefits. Para sa kaharian mo, at siguro para na rin sa sarili mo"

"Ayoko, baka may mag selos" Sabay turo ko kay Kaimana.

"Sabi ko naman kasi sayo shokoy na lang sayo" Ika ni Arius sa sirena dahilan kung bakit ito nakatanggap ng sapak sa tyan. Automatikong napa hawak si Arius sa tyan niya, umiimpit sa sakit.

Hindi ko na sila muli pinansin pa at may isa pa dito hindi parin tumatayo ng maayos. Behind her, Midnight was conversing with the shadow demons he personally chose to have a word with. A part of me was curious how he was able to tell them apart without names. Saktong lumingon si Midnight sa gawi namin, binalik ko kaagad ang tingin ko sa anghel.

I gestured Tatiana to stand, which she obliged in a matter of seconds. Graceful like a swan. "Keep safe"

She dipped her chin and smiled a little, "I will expect all of you to be there when the time comes. May the lord bless you with eternal guidance. I shall be going then"

"Bye, cutie" Hirit pa ni Arius sabay kaway ng kamay. "Buhusan mo lang ng holy water yung hari namin kapag ginagago ka ha"

"Holy water actually works on demons?" Day looked suddenly curious.