21: King Inias the Wise

Midnight's arrival was welcomed by the King of Angels himself and with his court, the very known archangels. King Inias was wearing a warm expression as soon as Midnight was escorted to the throne room, where they had statues of winged people as their pillars and white stone mostly decorated the entire room. A contrast representation of Severus. Midnight had to keep a straight face as he assessed his surroundings, didn't want a single soul to read him.

He wasn't cuffed. His hands were free. Regardless of his reputation, he shouldn't be nor would he allow to be treated as a prisoner until the wedding. It was a smart choice for King Inias to show trust immediately or things would have turned out bad. Both for the Demon King and for the Angel King.

The atmosphere felt different here. Lighter, but eerie. For a demon who always liked it cold, this place was warm in a ghostly way. Midnight didn't like it but he didn't loathe it either. In front, King Inias moved smoothly like he was floating on clouds. Midnight knew what was coming and he stood his ground even though he wanted to move away. If it wasn't tradition for the Angels to welcome royalties by kissing their cheeks, he wouldn't even let the king come close. Unless the agenda had to do anything with torturing.

"King Zagreus, my my" Clad in all white, King Inias had the same golden hair and eyes as he approached Midnight. Behind the Angel King, the four archangels did their bow respectfully. They too were wearing all white. "Masaya ako at nagkita na tayo ulit! Welcome to Ramuel, my child"

Midnight had only shown the king a faint of his smile, inclining his head in acknowledgment and King Inias was suddenly careful before him. Hands halted midair, on either side of his face.

"May I?"

"By all means, King Inias"

Callused palms held his face before he felt the lips smacked against both of his cheeks. It took every ounce of his strength not to wipe the itching skin and rather, kept his face emotionless.

This wasn't the end of it. He needed to return back the favor.

To make sure no one would see his struggle to behave, he gracefully shoved his clenched fists inside his pockets and broke one finger to comfort himself. He muffled the sound of cracked bone by obeying the tradition, this gave him the chance to get King Inias's full attention.

Kung nandito ang Pack, siguradong pagtatawanan siya ng mga gago.

Someone nearby let out a chuckle that sounded too feminine and dainty. Then he remembered Tatiana was beside him. "Give him some space, father"

King Inias indeed took a step back, the smile still plastered on his already wrinkled face. "It's good to have you back, my bunso"

Hinintay na lamang ni Midnight na matapos ang pagbabati na ito para naman mapag-usapan na nila ang totoong rason kung bakit siya nandito. He didn't want to waste time. Time was the only thing keeping things in control right now, and the least he wanted was to misspend them with inconvenient stuff. But along with time was patience. If he wanted things to go exactly the way he wanted them to be, calming his emotions was what he needed to do.

He needed to endure.

This would be over soon.

He just needed to endure.

While the father and daughter had their own little reunion, Midnight stayed vigilant of the new-yet familiar environment. A snippet of scenarios flickered inside his head as he surveyed subtly, remembering all the times his mother brought him here when she had the slightest of chances. They needed to sneak themselves to enter. They weren't allowed here. Not him who was a product of a demon and an angel. Nor his mother who chose to love a demon over the future she would have gotten if she stayed with her family.