61: Getting Through

Una niyang naramdaman ang patak ng tubig sakanyang noo.

Sahar didn't look up.

Then she felt another drop of water on her shoulder. Malamig. It was only a drop and was easy to ignore, but it was cold. The water was cold. She first heard the desperate noises of the warriors around her before she heard the savage cry of the darkened sky above them. Next was the plummeting sound of her own heart, as though a well was dug deep within her chest and it only got deeper and deeper each second the war continued.

Wala pang limang segundo ng bumuhos ang ulan na ikinagulo ng mga mandirigma sa paligid.

Nang hindi nililingon si Isrion, walang lakas niyang tinampal ang tyan nito gamit ng likod ng kanyang kamay. "Next time, do not touch me recklessly. Kung hindi ko pa napagtanto na ikaw ang may kagagawan nito, binalian na kita ng kamay bago mo pa maipatong iyan sa ulo ko"

"Or this only means you don't see my presence as a threat anymore, princess"

Tinanggal ni Sahar ang kamay ni Isrion sakanyang ulo at tuluyan na itong hinarap. "Good. You get it. You're not a threat"

Nakita niya ang bahagyang pagtaas ng isang kilay ni Isrion, hindi mapagtanto kung bahagya itong na-offend sa komento o namangha sakanya. She didn't have any time to guess which was which and lunged her way out of the scenario, throwing herself into another series of swords and deaths. She felt Isrion followed her from behind, tailing her, and helped decapitating the ones that got too close to her. Hindi niya ito pinansin sapagka't sa kaloob-looban niya ay nag papasalamat ito sa tulong na natatanggap niya mula sa demonyo. She wouldn't deny the fact her strength and energy was rapidly declining.

What made it worse was the gush of wind and rain hitting her entire existence. It wasn't because everything was turning wet and cold that made it harder for them to move but it was because the storm was limiting their senses in the battlefield. It was harder to see, harder to hear, harder to feel and smell. And the wind--- the wind was tormenting them. Halos tangayin na siya ng hangin sa sobrang lakas nito. Magugulat na lamang siya na may bigla biglang lumilipad na mga parte ng katawan galing sa mga patay. Muntikan na nga siyang matamaan nito kung hindi niya kaagad ito napansin na papunta sakanyang direksyon.

The winged-creatures above growled and snarled continuously, snapping their teeth at the storm, as though their anger would change anything. Some were too ignorant to fight with nature and ended up having their wings ripped--- o 'di kaya, natangay. Sahar witnessed the winged-demons going into another formation in the air. It was some kind of formation kung saan ay hindi sila basta basta matatangay ng hangin. Dito niya napagtanto na hindi na niya kailangan mag-alala pa sa mga ito at mayroon silang Killian at Arius na gagabay sakanila.

Sahar bellowed despite the water slapping her face, despite the water going inside her eyes and mouth, and tried her best to be heard. A cry to notify everyone where she was and where they could find her in case she was needed by anyone who sought for her help. Pagkatapos ay mahigpit na hinawakan ni Sahar ang kanyang kutsilyo na tila bang madulas-dulas na sakanyang palad at pinagpatuloy ang pagpapatay sa mga kalaban na papunta sakanyang direksyon. Isrion was still tailing her from behind and kept her safe from enemies that tried to attack from her blindspots.

Biglang kulimlim ng paligid na ikinataka niya. Makulimlim na kaagad ang paligid ng dahil sa bagyo ngunit mas lalong dumilin ang kapaligiran ngayon. Hindi na niya sana ito bibigyan tugon ng mapansin niya na para itong gumagalaw. In the midst of the rain and fog, her heartbeat raced as she realized the sudden gloom wasn't from the storm clouds or sky but it was from someone's shadow. The storm had disrupted everyone's senses including hers. Sahar's body reacted even before the thought sinked in, and she began to sweat in spite of the storm. She ran and opened her mouth to yell the words stuck at the back of her throat.